9 months ago
* Location: London
* Job Sector: Relationship Management / Sales
* Hours: Full-time
* Shift Type: Daytime / Regular
* Posting Date: 17 January 2019
* Expiry Date: 24 January 2019
* Reference: 90209374
Customer Service Associate
Barclays, 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP
As a Customer Service Associate, you’ll take ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience and strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment. You will investigate emotive customer and client queries, concerns and complaints of varying complexity, related to an extensive range of multiple products and services to understand the cause, impact and solution. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, the role will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
What will you be doing?
• You will emotionally connect with customers / clients to engage in their story and create moments that matter and are memorable
• You will interact with customers / clients on their terms that demonstrates open-mindedness, active listening flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
• You will investigate complex and unique customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, and role modelling mutual respect
• You will embrace the freedom to identify and agree the right solution for the customer / client, using your ability and your license to wow
• You will always think and act to determine outcomes that are best for the customer/client, understanding their short, medium and long term needs
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in delivering exceptional customer / client interactions in a professional and caring manner
• Natural empathiser with the willingness and ability to understand others point of view and to build rapport with customers /clients
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail in preparing for each contact and approaching each investigation
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to deliver positive impactful communication needed to gather information, provide proactive updates
• Experience of coaching others
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience Knowledge of regulatory and risk requirements relating to complaints
• Experience of customer information and management systems
• Experienced in multiple channels of digital communication
• Knowledge of Banking products and service
• Ability to take the heat out of challenging situations, remaining in control and empathetic to move the conversation on and find common areas of agreement.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Everything we do is shaped by our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. With us, your success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We’re committed to providing the opportunity for our colleagues to integrate their professional and personal lives so if you need flexibility please let us know when you apply.
Our customers deserve the best and so do our colleagues. That's why you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays, Click here
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.