9 months ago
Customer Service and Retention Adviser
Starting salary between £23,000 - £25,000
Do you love helping customers and enjoy a challenge?
Do you pride yourself on your communication skills?
Are you passionate about customer service and believe that the key to success is in the way we treat people?
Can you work well in a busy environment, but still deliver on service?
If so, a fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Customer Management Team to join our Private Medical Insurance, Customer Retention and Service Team, based in Eastleigh. You will be responsible for delivering an outstanding service to existing customers and will take ownership of cases, maximising full potential and ensuring that each customer’s individual needs are met.
You will join the team and help us to offer a phenomenal service to our customers through effective listening and questioning to identify customers needs and provide recommendations. You will receive full training that will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to successfully overcome customer objections and concerns, to reach the desired outcome.
This is a full time role (35 hours a week) and you will be required to work between the hours of 08:30 - 20:00 Monday - Thursday, 08:30 - 18:00 Fridays and one Saturday in five between the hours of 09:00 - 13:00.
Skills and Experience Required
* Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade A to C (Grades 4 – 9 from 2017) including Maths and English
* Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills which will enable the individual to present a credible professional image and to communicate with people at all levels
* An ability to build rapport with customers over the telephone
* Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
* Negotiation/influencing skills and a tenacity to pursue cases in difficult, challenging circumstances
* Decision-making skills
* Ability to share ideas, skills and knowledge with colleagues
* Ability to take care of difficult customers in a compassionate and empathetic manner
* Able to work on own initiative
What will you get for this role?
* Starting salary between £23,000 and £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
* Full training and ongoing support will be provided
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Danielle Stallard in the Resourcing team onor firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.