Customer Service Advisor / Technical Sales (Apprenticeship)
From starting the business in 1866, our client has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets them apart from their competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, our client has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
Position: Apprentice - Technical Sales
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire (Commutable from Sheffield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Chesterfield, Worksop and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
Benefits: A competitive starting salary and the progression opportunities associated with a large respected company. 21 days holiday, discretionary bonus, pension.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join their successful sales team!!
They provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK's leading independent steel stockholder. Their people are the driving force behind our client and they seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude to help them build and develop the business. All they ask for this role is that you are driven, collaborative, customer focused and goal oriented, with efficient organisational skills and can work innovatively and creatively.!!! How exciting does that sound!!
You will be given the training necessary to carry out your role, including mentoring by a strong, established sales team.
- Stock Matching, Invoicing & proof of delivery
- Test certificates, Data gathering to provide customers with correct material documentation.
- Order entry, will require basic 2D Drawing knowledge (In House training provided).
- Carry out a wide range of tasks in support of technical staff and be capable of undertaking CAD duties
- Review files for compliance with Standards / protocols
- Coordinating drawing production in line with customers' requirements
- Detailing and assisting the Technical Sales Team with the daily design work
- Producing accurate 2D drawings using company standard CAD processes and procedures
- Talking to customers / suppliers & follow up on orders
- Tender for work, follow up jobs and sale lead potential and send tenders out to suppliers
Their ideal candidate would be someone who shows good work ethic, passion and drive. You'll be honest, eager to learn with a strong can-do attitude and possess a confident and bright personality.
You should be organised and methodical in your approach with a genuine interest in developing a career in technical sales. A good level of IT is essential; you must be able to confidently use all Microsoft packages. Given the nature of the work attention to detail is important as is having an acute eye. You must be able to manage your own workload and priorities and adjust to the pace.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Sales Advisor, Internal Technical Sales, Sales Advisor, Sales Support, Customer Service, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Care, Customer Relationship Advisor, Sales Administrator, Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Trainee, Trainee Technical Sales Advisor, Sales Trainee, CAD, etc.