5 months ago
Training: 5-8 days training Monday to Friday 9am-6pm. Full attendance is required.
Shifts: 5/7 days between 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday and 9am – 4pm Saturday and Sunday (Fully Flex required)
Start Date: 09/07/2019
Requirements: DBS and Credit Check (We are only looking at outstanding CCJs and Bankruptcy, however we are able to work with applicants who are currently on a re payment plan, and making regular payments.
Who are we? We are the voice of our clients.
We are a global outsourcing Contact Centre located in a fabulous building on Gateshead Quayside, with a reputation for hard work, outstanding results, and for simply being “a great place to work”.
What do we do? We provide fantastic service and great careers.
* We interact with customers on behalf of our clients, helping to solve their queries. Basically looking after them in the way they deserve, the only way!
* We do this by telephone, email, web chat, white mail and social media interactions.
* We develop our teams and provide some fantastic opportunities for progression. If you want a career, you can make it happen.
What role is available? The Student Loans Company
* Helping students to make a loan application for university. You will be supporting them through the full process, beginning to end.
* You will talk to students and family members about payments, eligibility, funding and anything else associated with their loan application.
What does an average day look like? Now there’s a question!
* A typical day will see you working up to 8hrs per day in a lively & vibrant environment. With an hour for lunch and breaks you always have time to catch up with friends, grab something to eat at the Baltic Café or perhaps go for a walk along the Quayside.
* You will start your day signing into your systems to make sure you are ready to take your first call of the day.
* You will talk to a variety of customers with different needs. Some may want a quick update or to provide further information, others may be frustrated and may want to challenge the process.
* Some days will be quiet with rest periods between calls, and other days could be busy with everyone wanting your help at once.
What do we need from you? People skills and confidence in your PC skills!
* A good attitude and the ability to interact with lots of different people.
* The ability to handle challenging calls with resilience and determination.
* Basic computer skills such as copying and pasting and switching between different applications.
* Flexibility, great attendance and good time keeping to make sure your available for our customers.
What will we give you? Well there’s plenty, where do we start?
* 2 weeks of classroom based training (paid of course) and a further 2 weeks in a dedicated area on the call floor that we call “Nesting”. This is where the action happens, and where you take your first live calls. This is also where the nerves kick in, and mistakes may happen, but don’t worry, we expect that. We make it our responsibility to look after you with full support from experienced members of the team on hand to help.
* Days away from your desk to support in the local community, perhaps painting a hospital wing or cleaning a beach are some of the favourites.
* Winter and summer parties, usually held in fabulous venues. Free food & drinks!
* On site boxing, 7 aside football, a running club and more.
* We also offer quieter alternatives, such as an onsite book club, and cuppa catch ups in the canteen or local coffee shops.
* The chance to showcase your skills and fast track your career through our internal progression path.
* Oh, we pay you too, up to £17,264, paid on the last working day of the month.
Anything else that we have to offer? Always, and just to name a few........
* Cineworld tickets - Up to 55% off
* Virgin Trains - 20% off
* Virgin Experience Days – 20% off
* 25% off O2 and 20% of EE Mobile Contracts
* Sony – 20% off Mobile Phones
* Pure Gym – Reduced Membership
* Ray-Ban – 20% off
Where do you sign up? Right here!
* Call and chat to one of the telephone team in Gateshead, who will answer your questions, book a telephone interview, and check out your skills.