5 months ago
Customer Service Advisor - Part Time - Glasgow
Customer Service Advisor - Part Time - Glasgow
Develop your career at the heart of our business
Starting salary of £16,695, which could rise to £17,574 after 12 months, subject to successful performance. You would also be eligible for an annual performance-related bonus of circa. £1,200, which is discretionary, non-guaranteed and dependent on company and individual performance.
Please note for part-time roles, your salary, bonus and benefits will be prorated down to reflect your working hours.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
• Pension with generous contributions from Santander
• 33 days Holiday (includes bank holidays), with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year. Where colleagues work on a bank holiday, they will be eligible for the bank holiday rate of pay in addition to time off in lieu.
• Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
• 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
• Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
• Access to an All Employee car scheme
• Excellent employee recognition schemes -be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
• Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
• Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
As a Customer Service Advisor, you’ll be the first point of telephone contact for our customers, and that will involve a lot more than just answering questions. What we’re really looking for in you is a genuine passion for making banking simple, personal and fair for our customers, and the confidence to take ownership and solve problems. We want to make it easier for our customers to do business with us so there will be no more banking jargon and much more straightforward customer-friendly advice. In return, you can expect a 12-week induction programme, and then to continue to support you with your personal development to enable you to be successful in your role. If you’re willing to work hard, we’re ready to help you progress.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Customer Service Advisor, your key skills and competencies will include:
• The natural ability to treat each customer as an individual and deliver a tailored response
• Problem-solving skills to identify and resolve recurring issues without resorting to short-term fixes
• The confidence to think on your feet and the flexibility to adapt to a wide range of responsibilities
• A team-based approach to work, and a desire to coach and advise colleagues on best practice and new developments
• Numerical and computer skills, and the attention to detail needed to succeed in a regulated environment
We’re recruiting weekend part-time evening roles at 20 hours per week.
Training Duration will be 5 weeks and will reflect the working hours. The working hours will be 20 hours across Monday-Thursday 4.45pm -8.00pm & Sunday 10am-6pm.
You’ll be working in the bustling centre of Glasgow city centre within walking distance from Central station or Charing Cross with a wide variety of shops and amenities on our doorstep, there’s something for everyone.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here