5 months ago
The Role and Team
apetito’s aim is to create competitive advantage through the highest standards in customer service and food quality. The Customer Service Team is responsible for order processing ensuring they provide sufficient lead time to enable the distribution team to deliver on time as ordered. However the team also has a broader role to support customers as required by responding to their needs, to support them and re enforce the business relationship.
The Customer Service Advisor (CSA) will be responsible for their own group of customers ensuring that world class customer service is provided at all times. The CSA will be responsible for order processing, the management of their own accounts and dealing with inbound and outbound calls.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
* To drive a customer focus approach across all activities and ensure the customer service team is a centre of excellence, maintaining outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
* Ensuring timely order capture for your customers.
* Co-ordinating the communication process to ensure that all customers are kept up to date.
* Ensuring that accurate information is captured.
* Train and support other team members.
* Liaising closely with all other functions with a customer service angle negotiating on the best fit solution.
* To cover the management of others accounts during periods of absence.
* To provide a proactive approach to customer service.
* Order processing
* Call answer times
* Calls lost
* Perfect Order (Customer Service)
* Oder fulfilment (Customer Service)
* Projects on time delivery
* Demonstrable experience of working in a customer focused organisation and ability to nurture and cultivate a truly customer focused culture within your own team and the wider business.
* Subject Matter Expertise and a thorough knowledge with hands on experience of a Customer service.
* A passion for encouraging team work, with an innovative approach to issue resolution – being creative and continuously developing new ways to improve performance.
* Working well in a culture where all employees are engaged, able to voice their suggestions and ideas.
* Excellent customer relationship skills, both internal and external.
* An analytical fact based approach with a good understanding MS Word and Excel
* Previous experience of using SAP
* Previous experience of CRM systems
This role would suit someone who:
* Is self-motivated
* Is comfortable working in a fast pace environment
* Is customer focused
* Has an outgoing and confident personality
* Is flexible and adaptable
* Enjoys working with & developing people
* Has good communication skills
* Wants to exceed expectations
* Is performance management focused