12 months ago
Customer Service Administrator
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and support our customers. Joining our Pensions Administration team you’ll have a vital role to play.
Within our Pensions team, every one of our people is a great communicator and listener. Our professionals resolve pension administration management with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment.
We are recruiting for a number of Administrators and Call Handlers to join our teams on a permanent basis or on a fixed term contract. You will be responsible for undertaking a range of administrative and technical support duties and you'll enjoy taking personal responsibility for your own workload, continually re-organising and prioritising to ensure you deliver great service for our customers. We’re expanding our current teams and are keen to recruit both experienced pensions administrators and claims handlers or people looking to take on a new challenge. Previous experience is beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide an excellent standard of customer service to all external and internal customers.
* Taking personal ownership and responsibility for resolving enquiries from clients promptly.
* Successfully handling and resolving customer complaints where required.
* Communicating effectively with internal and external clients by telephone, e-mail or in writing in a clear, concise and polite manner.
* Has a good understanding that the quality and timeliness of the work produced will impact on the effectiveness of the department and how others perceive it.
* Assisting in reviewing, developing and implementing changes to work practices.
* Ensuring all systems and databases reflect a true customer position.
* Providing factual information in line with customer queries and demands.
* Working collaboratively to achieve our team service level agreements.
Skills & Experience required
* 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including Maths and English
* Strong customer service experience, ideally from within Financial Services, however candidates with retail or hospitality experience who have a real passion for customer service will also be considered
* IT literate, with experience of using Microsoft packages
* Self-motivated, with the ability to plan and organise workload whilst taking into account changes and conflicts in priorities
* High level of accuracy
* Excellent communication and numerical skills
* Team Player
* Positive Attitude
What will I get from this role:
* Salary of £17,500 and £20,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Louis Fogg in the Resourcing team on Louis.email@example.com or
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.