5 months ago
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Matalan as a Customer Marketing Assistant in the Strategic Marketing Team.
As a Customer Marketing Assistant, you will support the Marketing Manager and Marketing Executive in the delivery of an effective, fully integrated multi-channel contact programme that meets strategy objectives and reflects the Matalan brand positioning. You will also be a key member of the team responsible for the roll-out and management of our exciting new loyalty proposition.
* Support the Customer Marketing Executive and Manager with end-to-end multi channel campaign delivery.
* Manage the campaign delivery planning calendar, ensuring it is up-to-date at all times.
* Support the rollout of the Company’s new loyalty scheme.
* Align membership scheme activities with commercial calendar.
* Manage the process of loading offers in to the marketing platform.
* Plan and manage member communications via email, App, Portal and Direct Mail.
* Work with retail on the delivery or targeted communications via the EPOS system to members.
* Implement processes to streamline yours’ and the team’s workload and drive efficiency.
* Own the voucher creation process and work with Retail and Ecomme to ensure all vouchers are working correctly prior to live dates.
* Liaise with external agencies and suppliers to forge relationships and smooth working processes.
* Being the main contact to the customer services team resolving customer queries.
* Work cross-functionally within the business to optimise processes and minimise resource.
* Raise purchase orders in a timely manner.
* Manage the automated campaign reporting, monitor for accuracy and changes in behaviour and file appropriately.
* Manage stock level of printed materials ensuring they are always in stock and reordering in a timely manner.
* Get inside our customer segments, understand their behaviours and monitor KPI’s and targets.
* Work with the team to make recommendations and ensure results are incorporated into ongoing strategy development at the earliest opportunity to maximise customer impact.
* Own, understand and manage the dissemination of marketing campaign reporting to relevant parties.
* Key contact for the Marketing team and the wider business co-ordinating enquiries and requests.
* Prepare the weekly brief to the business on the team’s marketing activity.
* Support the Strategy Team budget including processing invoices and raising and receipting purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner.
* Have an interest and desire to develop in the area of digital communications (email & APP) and their supporting technology.
* Ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Proactive character with a willingness to stretch themselves and take on additional responsibility.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Your place in our world
Customer Marketing Executive
Customer Marketing Assistant