about 1 month ago
Customer Experience Design Thinking Specialist (118692)
Job function : Marketing and digital
Main location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London
Schedule : Full-time
Working pattern : Standard
Salary : Competitive
Closing date : Sep 11, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Within Customer Experience (CX) we are building a team that will create innovative and brilliant experiences for our customers.
Our Design Thinking and Standards team is a new function: our purpose is to support the business in developing the best product and service visions of tomorrow, whilst ensuring our customers come first in everything we do and make - from the get-go.
Together we cover research, design thinking, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, content and exploration. We work in autonomous teams tailored for each project - where each team leads their project direction, with support from Senior Leadership. We’re passionate about creativity as well as customer experience and about leaving a positive mark on everything we do.
As ourDesign Thinking Specialist, you will support the DT Lead in delivering keydesign output - from research to concept development and delivery. You’ll applyhuman-centred design thinking methodology and approach to a variety of projectsthat integrate CX into products, services and environments.
Collaborationis at the heart of our ethos, so we need someone who works well withcross-functional blended teams, can brainstorm big ideas and solve problems.
We expect you to be familiar with qualitative and quantitative research and testing, persona development, customer journeys ad service blueprints. You’ll engage our stakeholders with your storytelling and narration skills, leveraging a variety of verbal and visual methods (e.g. storyboards, wireframes prototypes etc).
You’llfacilitate collaborative workshops and concept sprints and inject designthinking tools and methodologies throughout the process - producing tangibleresults in a rapid and iterative way, with our stakeholders and customers.Throughout the design process, you’ll work closely with our team andstakeholders to help define and communicate the product vision, ensure that CXdesign specifications are implemented, as well as strengthen our team’scapabilities through coaching and sharing of best Design practices.
The purpose of this team is simple: Create Great experiences and be sure they are what customers want.
What you'll be doing
The CX Design Thinking Specialist is responsible for leading, planning and delivering Design Thinking workshops and methodologies across Enterprise projects, whilst ensuring CX is ‘first and foremost’ throughout the stages of design thinking & solutions delivery
* Apply the design thinking approach to identify opportunities and business solutions, the CX Design Thinking Specialist supports the CX organisation in achieving its business goals and delivering its long-term CX strategy.
* Support and collaborate with Enterprise stakeholders to ensure user-centred design transformation is delivered effectively.
* Support CX & Business Improvement: influencing operational people to adopt innovative working practices, by closely involving them in the development of CX transformation activity, enabling them to implement and sustain change within their own business areas.
* Plan and lead innovation and design thinking workshops with teams across Enterprise
* Accountable for creation and management of the DT ‘improvement issues’ pipeline of change initiatives
* Create and deploy project-specific CX vision requirements, for CXD teams to action and implement into their workstream
* Actively ensure DT methodologies are understood and implemented within the business
* Lead regular training sessions for large multi-disciplinary teams with different seniority levels
* Support business leads in identifying and developing successful business solutions and partnerships to execute products, services and business
* Support CX strategy comms (i.e. events, roadshows, website, videos, content)
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• A mixture of research, written and story-telling skills
• Leading Workshops
• Design Thinking principles and practice
• Actively support the planning and running of customer experience test environments
• Supporting the Senior Manager DT with shaping, sharing, reviewing and the management of standards along with relevant documentation
• Ongoing monitoring and recording on individual project progress, ensuring that all processes have been adhered to
• Ability to manage high levels of ambiguity when dealing with emerging business or product strategy