9 months ago
Job Title: Customer Advisor (Savings & Retirement)
Location: Surrey Street, Norwich City Centre
Working Hours: Full time position – 35 hours per week. Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday + some weekends including Saturdays 8.30am-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm
Salary: Starting salary of £17,000 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (plus benefits)
We have a number of exciting Customer Service Advisor opportunities providing telephone support to our customers through their retirement needs. You will be part of our growing Savings & Retirement area delivering our purpose of Defy Uncertainty.
The customer is at the heart of everything we do at Aviva. We continually look to improve how we do things and help our people to identify challenges and give them the platform to provide ideas and solutions that can enhance the customer journey.
If you are a motivated and passionate person who wants an opportunity to give excellent customer service and have the ability to react and be proactive on customers’ needs then we want to hear from you.
What you will be doing:
* Provide highest levels of customer service, ensuring customers are treated fairly at all times
* Have the knowledge to service high frequency and complex customer demands
* Adapt quickly to our changing digital environment
* Understand the relevant systems and use them effectively to support your role
* Manage your workload efficiently to meet expectations
* Drive engagement with our customers, focusing on understanding what really matters to them
* Understand and adhere to regulation and the boundaries that are in place whilst maintaining an excellent customer conversation
Key Skills and Behaviours
* Passionate about delivering outstanding customer service
* Excellent listening and questioning skills
* A strong drive to do the right thing for our customers
* Be flexible and willing to learn
* High level of inter-personal skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Positive and flexible approach to change
* A natural curiosity to identify improvements with a positive mind set and a can do approach
* Ability to motivate self and others
Full training will be provided and we will support you on your journey to learn about our customers and business. You will be given every opportunity to improve the way we work and deliver our purpose where we Defy Uncertainty.
What will you get for this role?
* Starting salary of £17,000 with pay progression steps in place and the potential to increase to £22,000
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
* Full training and ongoing support will be provided
Typically, our Customer Experts will progress from the starting salary of £17,000 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
We have various customer service opportunities currently. Some of these opportunities are ‘Certified’ under the Financial Conduct Authority / Prudential Regulation Authority’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR). This means that we’ll need to complete some regulatory background checks on you before you take up your role and we’ll need to ask you some questions on an annual basis to make sure you remain ‘fit and proper’ to carry out your role. We’ll provide training on what holding a SMCR role means when you join us and annually thereafter.
Our insurance, savings and investment products help approximately 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. We definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a phenomenal job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us Danielle Stallard in the Recruitment Team onor firstname.lastname@example.org.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.