6 months ago
Job Title: Customer Advisor
Location: Norwich, Broadland Business Park
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday + some weekends including Saturdays 8.30am-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm. Average of 35 hours p/week
Salary: Starting salary of £17,000 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
Are you someone who:
* Has a positive, can do attitude and flourishes with challenges where no two days are the same?
* Has an excellent phone manner, strong work ethic and customer focus?
* Loves to deal directly with customers on the phone in their time of need?
* Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands?
* Is a great teammate with excellent communication skills?
* Spots opportunities to improve our customer’s journey and takes ownership of that improvement?
* Is a confident rapport builder and has persuasion and influencing skills?
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you!
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need:
We have exciting opportunities for Customer Advisors to join us in our offices based at the Broadland Business Park. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining one of our teams means you’ll have a vital role to play. At Aviva, every one of our people is an excellent talker, listener, investigator, and decision maker. Our professionals deal with customer queries with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment.
What we are looking for:
* A great phone manner with the ability to talk and listen to our customers calmly whilst knowing the right questions to ask. This will enable you to obtain the relevant information to assist in processing their query
* Someone who relishes in solving problems through meticulously checking facts and asking questions to enable you to weigh up information, make accurate decisions and agreeing next steps
* Someone who enjoys taking personal responsibility for their own workload, continually reorganising and prioritising to ensure our customers get the best service possible
What will you get for this role?
* Starting salary of £17,000 with pay progression steps in place and the potential to increase to £22,000
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
* Full training and ongoing support will be provided
Typically, our Customer Advisors will progress from the starting salary of £17,000 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
Our insurance, savings and investment products help approximately 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. We definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a phenomenal job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Danielle Stallard in the Resourcing Team onor email@example.com.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.