4 months ago
Credit & EM Sales (FTC) - Maternity cover- Jan 2020
Credit & EM Sales (FTC) - Maternity cover- Jan 2020
Client Dealing Functions
e.g. individuals in client-facing roles who are subject to qualification requirements as set out in FCA’s Training and Competence Sourcebook. This includes those who advise on investments and perform related functions (such as dealing and arranging), deal as principal or agent, corporate finance and arrange deals in investments, or act as investment manager.
Manager of Certification Employees
e.g. individuals who supervise or manage a certified person directly or indirectly.
e.g. individuals who are dealing in regulated investments as a principal.
e.g. Individuals who approve a trading algorithm for deployment or monitor and decide whether or not to use a trading algorithm and whether it remains compliant with the firm’s obligations
The person is a credit sales person, covering institutional investors in Austria, Germany and Switzerland focusing on credit products (i.e. IG, ABS, EM) with limited exposure to rates products (Govs, asset swaps, regions etc.)
Further knowledge, specific qualifications and behaviours required:
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Strong contacts and vast experience with German, Austrian clients (funds, insurances, banks, etc)
- Experience in covering credit products such as, ABS, EM, corporate bonds, financials, covered bonds as well as rates products
- Established relationship with Santander’s credit trading team, and proven reliability
- Good understanding of the different areas of the banks from an operational standpoint of view. (legal, compliance, operations, risk)
- Strong commitment to team work and support of less experienced team members knowledge of the credit markets.
- Entrepreneurial mind set to develop new business opportunities with German, Austrian institutional client
For example (See Certification Policy for more information):
Client contact in relation to regulated activity
• Advising on investments, dealing and arranging in relation to the provision of advice
• Giving advice in relation to corporate finance business
• Contacting clients or dealing with the property of the client in relation to the firm’s activities of dealing or arranging deals in investments
Algorithmic Trading Activity
• Approving the deployment of/amendments to trading algorithms
• Monitoring whether a trading algorithm is compliant with regulatory obligations or trading venue requirements. This includes testing, such as validation and stress testing.
• Dealing in regulated investments as a principal.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
To develop and maintain across the business area integrated risk management to identify, assess, manage and report risks and controls enabling the achievement of strategic objectives and supporting the Santander UK's corporate goals within agreed risk appetite constraints and according to the Santander UK Risk Framework. Ensuring the Bank operates effectively in adherence to internal policies and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities. If the role is in Line 2, takes accountability for Risk Control.
Develops people’s potential and is a good coach. Gives effective individual feedback and is an active listener. Manages and evaluates people in an objective manner. Encourages others by supporting them and celebrating.
Takes action to align the organisation around the client and the Group’s mutual success. Acts to develop customer relationships and seeks to exceed client's expectations. Leads others to actively manage new business opportunities, improve service quality and exceed customer expectations.
Summary of Key Competencies
Works to create a compelling vision that is shared both internally throughout the Group and externally
Develops and communicates Santander values through their activities and every day behaviour
Acts as a reference point and role model for Group values within the organisation and externally with customers and the market
Supports the decisions that benefit the entire organisation even where these are unpopular or in conflict with the best short term interests of their own work setting.
Innovation & Results
Anticipates and creates new perspectives and ideas that resolve problems and take advantage of opportunities in the mid term
Applies learning around methods and concepts regarding markets, products or services
Thinks big in establishing stretching and ambitious goals around performance excellence
Commits significant resources, effort and time to activities that increase goals.
Sets high expectations and generates enthusiasm and commitment to team goals and activities
Enhances team cohesion and confidence in respect of the team goals and activities
Promotes corporate initiatives and practices that develop and retain talent and that cover key positions within the Group
Promotes the exchange and development of knowledge and experience within the Group; encouraging others to act as a coach, mentor, trainer or project tutor.
Leads the development of a culture focused upon providing an excellent quality service to clients
Understands the customer landscape and promotes ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ principles
Challenges the accepted boundaries of excellent customer and client service; seeking new ways to work with clients and strengthen relationships in the long term
Focuses the organisation's resources and processes towards exceeding client's expectations.
Risk and Governance
Behaves ethically in line with the Group’s code of conduct and other regulatory frameworks
Demonstrates integrity, strong values, due skill, care and diligence when making independent judgments about what is right and wrong
Takes a long term view: shows outstanding skills for identifying future opportunities and scenarios
Promotes and embeds a risk awareness culture within area of responsibility and Santander.
Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates
Anticipates future market trends and uses to inform strategy
Business Strategy & Planning
Demonstrates awareness and understanding of Santander’s business strategy and model and translates vision into priorities and direction
Critically challenges and analyses business propositions to help others explore opportunities and generate initiatives
Understands customer landscape and importance of Treating Customers Fairly to business strategy.
Identifies, assesses, manages and reports risks within own business area and across Santander
Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing business area and their role in managing them
Carries out appropriate contingency planning and balances risk impact with delivery of business as usual
Promotes and embeds risk awareness within area of responsibility and wider organisation
Specific Risk and Control Function Roles (Roles in Line 2)
Regarded as expert and source of risk management excellence within their area of responsibility
Shapes risk frameworks and/ policies using external knowledge and benchmarking.
Governance , Oversight and Controls
Demonstrates the ability to assess the effectiveness of Santander’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and oversees changes when required
Ensures new business opportunities reflect appropriate governance and regulatory control.
Qualifications/Accreditations/Professional Membership & Level
e.g CISI Regulatory Module
e.g CISI Securities Module
e.g CISI Derivatives Module
• An experienced and focused Credit Sales person with a track record of interacting with clients and building a successful Credit Sales franchise.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of Credit & Rates markets. Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of the German and Austrian client base.
• Ability to operate entrepreneurially and effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Proven track record of building client relationships and delivering growth both in share of wallet with existing clients and in development new client relationships.
• A solid understanding and experience of the German, Austrian Credit Market.
• Proven ability to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in a business environment and oversee change.
• Alert to future market trends within own sector and able to apply this knowledge to inform strategy.
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent formal presentation skills.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence senior level stakeholders
• Strong commercial and strategic orientation. Strong strategic thinking – proven ability to develop long-term strategic plans for a division.
• Highly developed knowledge and experience of the market making trade execution process.
• FCA Registration
• Educated to Degree level is likely, preferably in a relevant subject (Business or Finance)