Jazz, Hip-hop, Punk, Opera, Country, Rock and Delta Blues. Different music genres but all with roughly the same objective – to move our emotions, they just get there in different ways. That’s how we think of people too, all unique, with slightly different ways to get the job done and we are very excited to see how your journey will evolve in our passionate and collaborative company!
Who is PPL PRS?
PPL PRS Ltd is a new company in Leicester’s city centre, a joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music, dedicating to providing the best music licensing experience in the world. At PPL PRS, we champion the music we all love to make sure its creators and performers are fairly rewarded for their work.
We will transform music licensing in the UK with the launch of TheMusicLicence, we are passionate and truly believe in protecting the value of music, so working at PPL PRS is about collaborating with others who share this passion to deliver a truly excellent service.
If your passion for music is anything like ours, then you’ll jump at the chance to help shape something vital to the future of the music industry. You might not get a standing ovation or get to headline Glastonbury, but your contribution will be equally as important, helping to support the members of PPL and PRS for Music, including some of the world’s biggest artists as well as the tens of thousands of writers and musicians who have turned their passion into a career.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced New Business Adviser in Leicester to generate revenue through identifying new business opportunities and ensuring the accurate licensing of this business through adopting a consultative sales approach and contribute to the achievement of both team and business revenue targets.
· Together with the New Business Team Manager, develop tactics for engagement with potential customers demonstrating a consultative sales approach
Ensure an effective sales pipeline is developed, researched and built through a mix of self-sourcing and following up on prospect sales leads
· Proactively identify potential customers through a variety of methods (e.g. social media, gov websites, news, web surfing etc.) and to convert these into licensees
· Ensure that all customers are accurately and adequately licensed according to their declared music usage and upsell where possible
· Identify and build relationships with key decision makers and influencers within prospective businesses
· Support the New Business Team Manager in attending networking and other events to understand the market place and create opportunities e.g. trade fairs
· Maintain accurate notes in the customer relationship management system for all prospects and licensed accounts
· Use objection handling techniques to resolve any customer queries or objections
· Obtain evidence of music usage to support potential infringement cases where appropriate, using a variety of methods
· Carry out music usage audits/reality checking on customer accounts as required to ensure customers are adequately licensed and upsell usage where possible
· Deliver a positive customer experience and proactively contribute to the businesses service standards and customer satisfaction results, ensuring call quality targets are consistently achieved and exceeded
· Educate and advise customers, positively reinforcing benefits of music to their business, while ensuring that they understand and are adhering to the contractual licensing terms and conditions
· Develop and maintain knowledge of market sectors, to meet revenue targets
· Develop and maintain knowledge of core licensing processes and procedures including tariffs and Copyright Law
· Attend occasional face to face meetings on site with customers when required
· Sales or business development experience essential, minimum of 1-2 years
· Excellent communication skills by phone, letter, face-to-face and email
· Good application of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
· Experience of working with both internal and external stakeholders
· Selling and negotiation skills
· Communication and influencing
· Self-motivator and team player
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Commercial awareness
· Drive for results
· Analytical skills with attention to detail
· Decision making and judgement
· Ability to work under pressure
· Organisational skills
The sort of person we are looking for
You’ll find a collaborative spirit everywhere in our organisation. We are a genuine team, working together, looking out for each other and, most importantly of all, united for music.
So, if you’re a determined individual who takes pleasure in providing quality customer service, solving problems and seeing projects through to completion, you’re probably the kind of person we need… And if you enjoy working collaborative as part of a team, all the better!
Passionate about music too? Now you’re really talking our language. And if you happen to think logically, get to the point fast and like to have a laugh along the way, come in, sit down and tell us why you think you’d fit right in.
Even more reasons to join us
At PPL PRS we are very proud of our generous benefits package that every band member (that’s right, our employees are called band members) has the opportunity to receive. As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have some great additional perks to make life more fun and financially beneficial for you.
Working for us should be enjoyable and fulfilling and we want to maximise your potential; this is why we will invest in your personal and professional development to nurture your ambitions and reward performance.
· OTE £26,000
· 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
· A fantastic pension scheme with an employer contribution of up to 9%
· Working in newly refurbished offices in a fantastic location in the heart of Leicester’s vibrant city centre
· Simplyhealth cash plan to look after your health and wellbeing
· Life assurance 4x your annual salary
· £120’s worth of music vouchers every year to spend on anything music related
· Exciting employee events, from music industry special guests to in-house open mic nights
· 30% off yearly gym membership at PureGym
· Discounted rates on public transport
· Regular discount schemes with local retailers, bars and restaurants
· Childcare vouchers to help support you and your family with contribution to childcare costs
· Eyecare vouchers to help look after the health of your eyes
· 24/7 employee assistance helpline
· Performance based company bonus scheme
· Group income protection benefit
· ‘You Rock’ Employee Recognition Scheme
· An environment that nurtures ambition & rewards performance
· A company that offers real life progression & development as well as training & education opportunities at every level
Our brand values
Once you get to know us you’ll release how down to earth we are. We’re fair and friendly, principled and proactive. A straightforward community, not a complex corporate.
Music has the power to uplift, overcome and connect people in many ways that no other creative art can. That’s why we are passionate and devoted to what we do. Our mission is to deliver a consistently world-class service to enable more people to enjoy and be moved by the music they love.
Benny and Bjorn, Page and Plant, Visconti and Bowie. Collaboration is at the heart of making great music. Maybe that’s why its fundamental to our success too. Our doors and minds are always open to your ideas. By respecting and nurturing you, you have the potential to improve the way we work as a collaboration and make our community stronger.
A lot of what we do is based on trust and we expect honesty and transparency from our customers, and we reflect that approach internally with everyone who works for us. We’re open minded, but we are fair minded too. Honest, consistent and straightforward, you’ll always know where you stand with us. We expect nothing less in return.
Music is a powerful force. It uplifts hearts, it binds tribes and it entertains masses. Were here to make sure that the people who create it are fairly rewarded for their talent and effort. It’s a simple vision, but one that demands a dedicated commercial approach. Some call it zeal, others describe us as relentless, whatever it is, we believe music is priceless and we don’t want the people who create it to be short changed.