about 1 month ago
• A Controls Analyst in our Financial Controls team at our head offices in Swindon
• Salary- £27,484- £39,699 per year(dependent on skills and knowledge) based on a 35 hour a week, permanent contract
• 12 month Fixed Term Contract/Secondment opportunity
• Send in your application by 26th April 2019
The Financial Control Team is responsible for ensuring the effective design and operation of key financial controls across the business and therefore safeguarding the integrity of the Society’s published financial information. This involves:
• Operation of the bi-annual control testing and certification process
• Staying abreast with changes in the business and ensuring that the financial controls framework and processes remain up to date
• Assurance testing of controls
• Reporting on and presenting key findings to management stakeholders and the business
• Assisting the business in designing financial control solutions.
As our control environment matures we have exciting opportunity for a Controls Analyst to join our team and support their assigned business areas in maintaining and reporting on a robust financial control framework.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll:
• Understand risk and control principles and methodologies
• Possess strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with relevant business areas
• Have the ability to be proactive in engaging with the business
• Plan and organise activity to deliver quality work in a timely manner
• Have a positive attitude with an ability to motivate and influence others
It would be nice if you:
• Have business process and controls mapping experience
• Have or be working towards an accounting qualification
• Have Financial Services experience
What you'll be doing
As a Controls Analyst you will support specific business areas in the review and documentation of their financial control processes, and associated testing of key financial controls. You’ll engage with business stakeholders to provide training and support to assigned business areas to improve understanding of, and compliance with, the Financial Control Framework.
Using your strong communication skills, you’ll support assigned business areas during process change, ensuring that Financial Reporting risk is identified and then adequately mitigated by appropriately designed and implemented controls. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the Financial Control Team.
• Developing a deep understanding of the financial controls environment
• Presentation skills to both the business and management
• To develop a strong network both inside and outside Finance
• Working alongside other controls testing teams to realise synergies in the testing process
• Develop project skills by creating new or enhancing existing processes to drive efficiency