10 months ago
Information on the company
The world’s leading provider of specialised events for railways, metros and airports is expanding its team! Their events range from large-scale congresses with 400 plus attendants to mid-scale exhibitions with over 2000 attendees. They also own and manage a global news and resource portal for the rail and metro industry, which has more than 16,000 unique visitors a month and is used by their global community of over 50,000 contacts. It is soon to be re-launched and has huge commercial scope to grow. In addition, a new venture for the company has now expanded out of the rail portfolio and into bio-based chemicals with two new events in Amsterdam and San Francisco addressing this emerging market so it’s a very exciting time to join the team! Previous junior hires are now handling international marketing campaigns, launching a new railways conference in Mumbai, and negotiating trade delegations from Brazil and Mexico.
This is a permanent graduate job based in central London, paying between £20,000 - £30,000.
What does the company do?
Our client is a dynamic digital media and events business covering three different brands in three different industries. They have a 9-year track record of excellence in the rail industry having held events in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Middle East.
To support their growth, our client is looking for a Conference Producer to report into their Conference Production Manager. You will have responsibility for their existing events across one or two of their portfolios, and in future may also be responsible for new-launch events. They are looking for either a very well qualified graduate or someone with up to one-year experience in Conference Production or a related field. Salary will be dependent on level of experience.
This is a great opportunity to rapidly build a career within media and events. You will get a lot of support but there will be pressure to learn fast, take responsibility and ownership and to deliver to a high standard from day one. They have a relatively young, friendly and collaborative team.
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
As a conference producer you will be responsible for producing conferences by:
• Researching relevant content, speakers, and organisations.
• Putting together event specific advisory board meetings.
• Conducting in-depth research calls with senior industry executives.
• Identifying cutting edge, technical content.
• Write detailed, commercially successful agendas which reflect industry trends.
• Securing a mix of senior level and technical / niche speakers.
• Securing relevant association support and media partners.
• Build event audience by inviting VIPs to come for free.
• Preparing marketing copy including prospectuses, brochures, emails, and post-show reports.
• Updating sales briefs and briefing the team on our products – championing the events internally and inspiring others in the team.
• Hitting all deadlines to ensure ample lead-time.
• Work closely with the sales and marketing teams.
• Hitting targets and delivering on the commercial aims of the conference.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
• A graduate with a minimum 2:1 grade in a credible subject from a good university. Humanities subjects are preferred.
• Excellent research skills with a commercial mind-set. An enquiring mind and the ability to get excited about niche subjects is key.
• A strong, confident phone manner and be prepared to spend a minimum of 5 hours per week on the phone researching and securing speakers.
• This role will also include certain amount of face-to-face contact with senior industry figures and clients, so the candidate must be mature, professional and confident in dealing with clients face to face.
• 100% fluent in spoken and written English. We need someone with an excellent and demonstrable standard of written communication with the ability to write high-level commercial copy.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on many different projects, whilst remaining highly-organised?and delivering on deadlines.
• Confidence in using social media tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
• Up to one year’s experience in conference production, content production, digital content marketing/social media, or other relevant fields.
• Knowledge of additional languages is a bonus.
Apply for this role