7 months ago
Compliance Monitoring Consultant – Milton Keynes
Job Title: Compliance Monitoring Consultant – Milton Keynes
Region: South East England
Salary: £25000 - £29999
Date Closes: 05/01/2018
Ref Number: A21683
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Compliance function as a Compliance Monitoring Consultant in Milton Keynes.
As a Compliance Monitoring Consultant you will be responsible for assessing and reporting on conduct and regulatory risks identified when carrying out the compliance monitoring programme. You will also advise on any necessary improvements that should be actioned in relevant business areas to raise the overall standards of compliance.
The Compliance function has a key role in helping Santander UK plc to manage and minimise its exposure to conduct and regulatory risk. The role of the Compliance Monitoring Team is to help the business in ensuring that they protect the best interests of our customers, that they maintain a high level of integrity in complying with the requirements of the FCA or other regulators, whilst remaining commercial.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Compliance Monitoring Consultant your main responsibilities will be
• Preparing and following written test plans, to be reviewed by the Compliance Monitoring Manager and approved by the Head of Compliance Monitoring. This will involve understanding the regulatory rules and expectations that apply to different areas of the business.
• Executing all tasks set out in the written test plans, within the agreed timeframes. This will involve using monitoring and testing tools and techniques appropriately, carrying out on-site visits to areas of the business, reviewing MI and other ad-hoc information to focus on specific elements within the monitoring plan in various business units, challenging and investigating risk matters in order to ensure risks are identified, assessed, managed and reported effectively.
• Preparing draft and final reports in the agreed format, with the support of the Compliance Monitoring Manager, ensuring that internally agreed deadlines are met. When doing so, determine the cause of failure, define and recommend appropriate course of action, to be agreed with the risk owners.
• Communicating findings verbally to stakeholders during de-briefing sessions, ensuring risk owners understand any issues identified.
• Developing close working relationships with senior business managers in order to ensure they understand compliance obligations and regulatory requirements, and the implications of failing to meet such requirements/expectations in order to promote a culture of proactive risk management.
• Contributing towards risk assessments to highlight high-level trends, risks and issues, and/or identify and escalate compliance failures, un-actioned recommendations and other significant regulatory risk issues.
Minimum skills and experience required
• Experience in compliance monitoring or specific monitoring across Financial Services and knowledge of the FCA rules relating to retail financial products.
• Understanding of the financial services industry and regulatory environment, especially the regulator’s expectations for how we treat customers.
• Relevant academics (Compliance and/or financial services based qualifications are desirable).
• Strong listening skills aligned with effective verbal and written presentation skills.
• Previous experience of challenging and influencing the approach taken by risk owners.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
• Pension with generous contributions from Santander
• 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
• Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
• 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
• Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
• Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
• Access to an All Employee car scheme
• Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
• Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
• Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Our Leadership Programme won the global Learning and Performance Institute Award for Best People Development Programme 2016. We will continue to run exciting programmes in to 2017 and beyond!