8 months ago
Compliance Consultant, Financial Crime - Milton Keynes
Job Title: Compliance Consultant, Financial Crime - Milton Keynes
Region: South East England
Salary: £25000 - £29999
Date Closes: 26/12/2017
Ref Number: A21520
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity within Financial Crime for a Compliance Consultant to join us in our Milton Keynes office. The role holder will use their professional judgement to make decisions and recommendations upon alerts generated both internally and externally. As part of the Customer Escalations Team you will be required to work within one of the following three work streams and eventually cross- trained across all three:
* Payment Screening; making risk based decisions on live transactions that have screened against a Sanction watch lists.
* Customer Screening; making risk based decisions on matches which have screened against Politically Exposed People (PEP), Sanctioned and Terrorists and High Risk individuals and entities.
* Customer Risk Assessment; making risk based decisions on Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) files on high risk clients.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who would like to broaden and/or apply their high level financial crime knowledge in a new environment.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Compliance Consultant, Financial Crime your main responsibilities will be:
* Reviewing and making decisions based on escalated risk assessments/screening alerts, which involves working with the wider business for investigations, using established processes and procedures and escalating more complex queries
* Updating workflow tools to accurately record any investigations
* Building effective working relationships both within the Financial Crime Team and wider business areas in order to effectively investigate cases, whilst also identifying areas of improvement
* Keeping up-to-date with knowledge and industry standards and maintaining an understanding of other activities undertaken by the wider Financial Crime Team
* Monitoring and testing tools/techniques to ensure adherence to internal policies and external regulations
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Strong analytical background with the ability to translate knowledge, experience and newly found intelligence into recommendations
* Sound knowledge of investigation skills and techniques
* Attention to detail, and ability to summarise findings and evidence decisions in a clear and concise manner, supported by reports
* Good written and oral language skills in order to articulate technical issues associated to work area
* Experience in Financial Crime/AML/Compliance or a similar regulatory field within a large corporate or financial services firm
* Previous experience dealing with Financial Crime Customer Risk Assessments and/or Customer Screening activity and/or Payment Screening activity
* Familiarity with the relevant departmental and company-wide procedures, policies and guidelines with the ability to apply risk appetite considerations
Salary is £25,000 - £29,999 Basic
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Our Leadership Programme won the global Learning and Performance Institute Award for Best People Development Programme 2016. We will continue to run exciting programmes in to 2017 and beyond!