26 days ago
Compliance Consultant – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Compliance Consultant – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Santander are looking for a Compliance Consultant to join our team in Milton Keynes.
You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing oversight and management of the Conduct and Regulatory Risk Frameworks, with primary responsibilities covering: Conduct and Regulatory management information and reporting; and ensuring that the Conduct & Compliance team has robust and efficient governance. The job holder will act as an individual contributor to assess and report on conduct and regulatory performance and to advise on any necessary improvement to the standards of compliance and regulatory requirements in relevant business areas.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Compliance Consultant your main responsibilities will be
* Assisting with ensuring the required operational plans, policies and procedures to support the compliance team are in place, up to date and communicated appropriately.
* Contribute to the creation, management and oversight of the Annual Compliance Operating Plan and Compliance Programme.
* Assisting with the delivery of adequate and accurate regulatory reporting and briefings to senior management and various fora.
* Identification of key / material conduct and regulatory metric variances for investigation, liaising and challenging business stakeholders to understand causes.
* Provide professional advice and support to stakeholders.
* Liaising with business stakeholders to resolve any issues / queries and overcome any potential issues, communicating key conclusions to senior management.
* Maintenance of accuracy, integrity and security of data, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Relevant degree or equivalent and/or Recognised Compliance qualification. E.g ICA, CISI, CeMAP.
* Working experience working within a Control function (Financial Service experience beneficial.
* Skilled in relevant software (Excel, Essbase (desirable), SAP, Walker, FMR, Word, PowerPoint and other packages), with ability to run database queries.
* Highly capability levels in analysis and interpretation of data, being able to draw succinct and meaningful conclusions.
* Strong communication skills with the confidence to challenge business processes / information, where appropriate.
* Effectively manage and influence stakeholders to ensure the right outcomes for both the organisation and its customers.
* Ability to effectively plan and organise work in order to meet strict deadlines.
Salary is competitive For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.