9 months ago
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Commercial team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
You will be a commercially astute leader who is focused on driving optimal revenue and gross margin performance for the allocated PFG (Platform for Growth).
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* Manage initial pricing for all holiday products to ensure that optimal profitability is achieved.
* Driving campaign, price and product activity to achieve and exceed the business plan targets and day to day trading performance.
* Identify areas where tactical trading initiatives can maximise sales and assist the purchasing team in promoting destinations and product.
* Communicating the various product channels and aligning tactical trading approaches across the business areas.
* Build effective relationship with key stakeholders to deliver the PFG trading plan and ensure that all stakeholders are communicated to and informed appropriately at all times.
* Review, track and analyse the market in terms of trends and competitor activity to ensure the trading plans for the PFG are effective and utilise opportunities.
* Work with the Product Managers & Purchasing Managers to drive tactical offers where required.
* Complete regular and timely rolling forecasts by product and destination in order to ensure optimal capacity and price strategies are in place.
* Produce actions and strategies for the PFG managed to achieve goals.
* Ensure capacity levels are sufficient in order to facilitate demand throughout markets.
* Ensure the team are pricing all products to be competitive in the market and exceed margin targets.
* Analyse weekly reports and make necessary pricing and yield decisions.
* Champion and highlight areas where business efficiencies exist to improve profit and price points.
* Actively contribute towards Saga holidays strategy and product plan.
* Produce product lists for marketing activity.
* Work closely with colleagues in Commercial, Purchasing, the Studio, Marketing and Aviation.
* Maintain continuous dialogue with sales colleagues regarding priorities and challenges for respective PFG.
* Manage and approve all bed and air seat buying plans.
* Manage committed risk of £Xm, ensuring budgeted targets are achieved.
* Governance of bed/air seat buying briefs.
* Attend and contribute proactively to the weekly trading and forecast meetings.
* Identify opportunities within SPINS and solos to drive and enable further growth in line with Company objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Excellent understanding of pricing and yield processes, commercial issues and impact on wider business.
* Highly numerate, ability to monitor trends and patterns in business performance.
* Ability to set and follow through clear targets and objectives to team.
* Good IT & software skills.
* An understanding of the impact of decisions on the business now and in the future.
* Communicating, negotiating and managing a large supplier base achieving measurable benefits and objectives.
* Proven experience of building effective relationships with individuals and groups with differing needs.
* Reviewing, understanding and analysing of market information for a given product area and planning of how to react successfully in given conditions.
* Planning and managing a product range to budget and brand requirements.
* Successful delivery of projects to time and budgets.
* Ability to communicate complex information articulately and passionately to a diverse audience.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills – this role will involve working closely with all departments.
* Ability to make decisions with confidence or identify when an issue should be escalated.
* Persuasion, negotiation, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
* Initiative, diplomacy, tact and sound judgement.
* Demonstrable competence in excellent people management.
* An on-going passion for Travel, Teams and Technology.
* An inquisitive, challenging and open mind-set.
* Good negotiation / influencing skills.
* A vibrant, can-do attitude which will inspire colleagues and suppliers alike.
* Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and work to specific deadlines.
* Excellent commercial acumen.
* A constructive and enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
* Ability to successfully identify and communicate trends and opportunities from complex data.
* Be innovative and promote and environment where change to best practice and culture can be introduced seamlessly.
* Be motivated, target driven and open to change.
* Excellent numeracy and problem-solving skills.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.