4 months ago
About the Role
We’re currently looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to join the team here at Matalan Head Office. As a Commercial Finance Manager you will drive continuous improvement in supply chain productivity and effectiveness by providing commercial analysis and support, to the management team.
* Partner with senior management across the business by providing timely and accurate financial support and commercial insight for all areas of distribution and transport.
* Work with non financial stakeholders to drive commercial analysis, and improve processes and efficiency and ensure they have thorough understanding of the cost structure and key cost drivers.
* Develop, calculate, monitor, and report on various KPIs, driving performance in all functions.
* Manage the production of budgets and re-forecasts creating detailed bottom up models.
* Undertake on-going analysis of expected variances to budget, highlighting any areas of concern or opportunities to improve on the projected outcomes.
* Contribute to the development of the longer term supply chain strategy including operating model, capacity planning, and channels to market.
* Provide accurate and relevant ad hoc financial analysis and reporting in order to drive continual business improvements.
* Proven history of adding value through the provision of commercial support within an operational environment.
* Full ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification.
* Advanced operational and financial modelling skills.
* Ability to build strong relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
* Ability to articulate complex data and information to operational colleagues
* Academically strong, highly numerate.
* Strong commercial acumen.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the U.K, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, , challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the U.K’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.