about 1 month ago
Commercial Accountant – Financial Control
Worksop - Temporary - Full Time - 39
Here at wilko our Finance team are looking for a Commercial Accountant – Financial Control to join them based at our Head office in Worksop.
At wilko we exist to free up hard working families to be the best they can be, and we’ve recently launched a bold and ambitious new business strategy to see us face into and thrive within the challenging and continually changing retail industry. As a family-run business we have a unique culture and a refreshingly different way of working.
The Commercial Accountant – Financial Control is a 12-month FTC role, giving you the opportunity to shape and deliver a step change in the level of financial control across the business. You’ll be helping lead on this journey and change should be part of your DNA. You will need to use your technical strength and eye for world class process to help drive the business forwards.
Here are just some of the things you’ll be involved in
* Improving the periodic and annual close process.
* Defining and integrating key financial controls across the business.
* Creating and rolling out accounting policies for the wilko family of businesses.
* Advising on any impending changes in accounting standards and their impact on the business.
* Identifying opportunities to drive through change both inside and outside of Finance.
* Coach and develop colleagues, sharing your knowledge and best practice.
What we need from you
We need someone with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience ideally with a history of driving change management. We need this along with:
* Relevant academic or professional qualification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA with experience operating at a management level in a retail environment.
* Financial accounting experience, including awareness of statutory requirements, with a heavy emphasis on risk and control too.
* Assertive with confidence to quickly build a high level of personal and professional credibility within the business, demonstrating strong commercial and financial acumen.
* Good project management skills with the ability to lead projects to completion.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficient with data extraction and management with experience of enhancing internal processes and internal reporting/forecasting.
At wilko our team members are at the heart of everything we do and we want to reward them for their hard work, not only through our competitive salaries but also through the benefits that we offer. With this role you’ll get:
Be Better Everyday Rewards scheme
33 days holiday entitlement (inc Bank Holidays) rising to 38 days after 5 years’ service
Team member and family discount of 20% in store and online
Wilko family holiday homes
Wilko WOW flexible benefits – such as great discounts on shopping, days out, holidays, health and fitness and money-saving schemes to cut the costs of childcare