3 months ago
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R.Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. To get there we need to be continually sharpening our competitive edge, maximising value through creative, effective, strategic, passionate and professional Operational teams.
Progress your career:
Britvic is a very exciting and supportive place to be, with award winning brands, a clear vision, personal development and an open and honest culture. We offer a comprehensive package for this position - including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, enhanced company pension contributions, share save schemes, annual pay reviews, healthcare, vouchers and a whole host of flexible benefits.
About the Role:
The Commercial Accountant – Ireland is responsible and is the lead point of contact for the accounting, monitoring, analysis and reporting of the LTD/ADF/PD trade investment spends across all routes to market in Ireland.
In addition, the Commercial Accountant – Ireland will play a key support role to the Commercial Finance Manager – Marketing in Ireland. This will include all the period end reporting, journaling and SAP related work regarding Ireland A&P, as well as full ownership of the PepsiCo COOP audits, including partnering with PepsiCo.
The Commercial Accountant - Ireland will also be responsible for:
* Owning period-end and in-period activities and financial reporting for LTD/ADF/PD/A&P, including working with finance/non-finance managers and sales/brand teams. Lead the Irish profit review for these areas.
* Supporting projects and IT system upgrades
* Business Partnering with the Irish sales teams, brand teams, finance managers and finance director.
* Tight balance sheet management with regular in-depth reviews with Irish teams to enable effective accrual management in line with JBP’s.
* Owning the external audits for LTD/ADF/PD/A&P Ireland and key point of contact for external auditors on these areas.
* Support the preparation of robust and timely period end accounts for all trade investment areas and A&P in Ireland in line with the group timetable reporting.
* Prepare period end reconciliations and balance sheet accounts with fully supported and adequate documentation and commentary for trade investment areas and A&P.
* Prepare SAP v COPA reconciliations
* Prepare, own and manage adjustments and provisions.
* Prepare Brand, Customer and PY, prior period analysis for trade investment areas on period basis
* Create periodic reports, and ensuring period end reconciliations are prepared for all investment spend balance sheet accounts, fully supported with adequate documentation and narrative
* Support the corrective workaround and resolution of system issues impacting trade investment areas and A&P.
* Set up, own and manage A&P WBS codes.
* Liaise with Commercial Finance upon the trade investment areas and A&P position to enable effective forecasting.
* Provide appropriate financial support and guidance to sales teams, finance community and wider business.
* Regular deep dive analysis on all promotions in conjunction with business partners ahead of key reporting periods.
* Ad-hoc support for the cross functional business partners.
* Ad-hoc / project work for partners around the business.
* Delivery of training to drive process compliance and best practice to the Irish business
Audit & Control
* Identify opportunities for process improvement to improve efficiency and control
* Prepare and provide all necessary material for the external audit in relation to investment spend and A&P in Ireland.
* Identify risks and opportunities in the way business is conducted, with the balance sheets and with regards to provisions.
* Full ownership and management of the Pepsi COOP Audits end to end. External business partnering with PepsiCo
* Good understanding of financial & accounting principles
* Advanced Excel skills
* Strong communicator and influence – able to clearly articulate finance concepts to non-finance colleagues
* Systems: MS Office, SAP BW, Siebel, SAP R3
* Proactive rather than reactive with a personable communication style
* Ability to identify an issue and problem solve through to resolution
* Operates with discipline
* Highly organised and reliable
* Studying towards accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA etc.)
Part Qualified CIMA (other financial qualifications will also be considered)
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.