Our client is a successful and expanding Sub-Contract engineering company in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, supplying high quality components to a wide range of industries including aerospace, medical and motorsport.
Due to recent expansion they are seeking an experienced CNC/Manual Machining Estimator to join their busy and expanding team on a permanent basis.
• Effectively liaising with current and potential customers through the enquiry process.
• Interpretation of customer’s requirements from drawings, specifications/standards and/or computer models.
• Developing and maintaining successful relationships with current and potential customers.
• Instigating follow-up communications with customers to investigate further potential sales opportunities where appropriate
• Liaising with internal stakeholders where appropriate to establish most cost effective manufacturing methods/tooling requirements etc.
• Preparation and submission of detailed quotations for customers using Datatrack ERP system
• Liaising with material and sub contract service suppliers to determine best external costs and creating purchase orders/manage subcontract operations upon receipt of customer orders where required.
• Developing successful relationships with suppliers to ensure highest levels of service.
• Creation of manufacturing routings, detailing appropriate manufacturing methods, sub contract processes and planned times to help monitor planned vs actual machining costs.
Essential experience / skills:
• Knowledgeable and proactive time served machinist who can demonstrate successful experience in a similar role.
• Extensive knowledge of CNC/Manual machining methods required.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• A high level of commercial awareness.
• Must be a proactive and flexible team player, with a positive 'can do' attitude.
• Aerospace experience is an advantage
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Experience of Datatrack ERP software an advantage: however not essential as training will be provided
Private medical care available.
Job type: Permanent / Full Time
Hours of work: Monday - Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am to 3:00pm
Salary: Competitive Salary