5 months ago
Client Due Diligence Analyst – Glasgow
Client Due Diligence Analyst – Glasgow
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Client Due Diligence Analyst to join our team based in Glasgow within Santander Global Corporate Banking (SGCB) Team.
Santander is looking to strengthen its Financial Crime risk management capability through enhanced policy requirements in its 1st line of defence and new roles have become available for client periodic and event driven review analysts. The Client On-boarding Refresh Analyst will undertake customer SDD, CDD or EDD reviews on existing clients periodically, based on the client risk rating, or as a result of a trigger events. The review involves ensuring SDD/CDD/EDD is brought up to date and verified as required under AML policy and standards, including a review of client activity over the period.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Client Due Diligence Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Tracking the daily workload of reviews in the queue and provide workflow status reporting on a daily basis
* Opening files, request information and supporting evidence from front office relationship manager or obtain from public sources or other internal information
* Following agreed SDD/CDD/EDD policy, standards and procedures and apply these diligently to each client review raising any queries as appropriate
* Providing daily progress MI on progress against targets
* Escalating high risk cases to 2nd line of defence for sign-off
* Responding to any ad-hoc queries
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Previous experience in financial crime (KYC/AML & Sanctions) is essential, preferably in a KYC/CDD/ODD role including client screening
* A working knowledge of multiple entity types is required including Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, F.I.’s, Trusts, Funds, Public Authorities etc, and ability to assess the risks associated to multiple entity types
* Knowledge of regulatory classifications across MiFID, EMIR, Dodd Frank, FATCA & Volcker is desirable
* Experience in banking is beneficial; ideally from an investment or corporate banking environment to understand the customers and their people (shareholders/ controllers), or in a similar environment where this experience could be gained
* The KYC/CDD/ODD Analyst should be able to work well with their financial crime peers in a team. Good stakeholder management skills are required to work with front office staff to request and obtain the necessary CDD/EDD information and evidence from the client, and transaction reviews
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be working in the bustling centre of Glasgow city centre within walking distance from Central station or Charing Cross with a wide variety of shops and amenities on our doorstep, there’s something for everyone.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.