9 months ago
This company prides themselves on their entrepreneurial heart and soul which is balanced out by their gravitas that comes from their 15-year track record of creating industry 'firsts' & delivering excellence. Their knowledge is unrivalled, their passion infectious and their parties legendary! Above all, they are committed to transforming brilliant ideas into award winning content.
To work in their newly formed Kitchen & Bathroom division, which includes established brands Utopia Kitchen & Bathroom magazine, Designer Kitchen & Bathroom magazine, kb-eye.com, the d-list, and the prestigious Designer Kitchen & Bathroom Awards event.
They are seeking an established Classified & Supplement Sales Executive to work across their portfolio, which includes Utopia Kitchen & Bathroom magazine, Designer Kitchen & Bathroom magazine, and their magazine supplements.
As part of this role, you will be working within the sales team and running and managing the classified sections of both monthly magazines.
As a dual role, you will also be required to sell the advertising in their much loved annual trade supplements. This involves selling advertorials to advertisers within the supplements. The supplements carry reduced advertising rates compared to the magazines and therefore a relatively quick sale and turnaround is required. The supplements will involve at least 50 phone calls a day, they publish 7 supplements a year and each supplement takes around 2-3 weeks to sell.
What is expected of you
- Ensure that your monthly sales targets are achieved across all platforms
- Confident in closing a deal over the phone
- Develop and grow your personal client base and spend
- Ensure that all new business is followed up and converted into repeat business
- Represent the brand professionally at all relevant exhibitions and events
- Identify opportunities that progress the standing and profitability of the product group
- Identify new markets to increase sales and partnerships, ensuring that the market-share document is analysed on a monthly basis.
- Feed and develop strategies to exploit areas of opportunity and build areas that require strengthening and monitor their progress.
- Take responsibility for the organisation of all aspects of the supplements within the portfolio,
- Coordinating them as your projects and ensuring targets are met.
What you will be good at
- A strategic and proactive thinker and planner
- A team player
- Adaptable - be able to work with pace
- Honest and reliable
- A great communicator
- Driven and motivated
What they will do for you
- Make you feel like part of a family
- Know your name - you're not just a number here
- Encourage you to develop your skills, strengths and career
- Recognise your contribution and hard work
- You will get to work on the best brands in the industry
- Make sure you're never bored
- Love their company parties
- Make sure you have fun - because they have fun