11 months ago
Classified Sales Executive, Craft portfolio
Overall Job Purpose
If you have an interest in Knitting, Sewing and General Crafts and want to work for the Country’s most popular Craft Portfolio within our advertising department then this is the role for you.
We are currently recruiting for a Classified Executive to work with the Direct Advertising Team. Within this role you will be accountable for contributing to the Classified budgets in both our magazines and digital assets. You will be expected to maximise revenue from existing clients, develop new business through cold calling, liaises with other departments, work to deadline and work within a team.
For this role specifically, we are also considering flexible and remote working options. Please address this within your cover letter.
This is Mel, Classified Advertising Manager talking about the team:
* To canvass repeat and new clients by telephone, selling the benefits of using the classified section in order to fill allocated pagination.
* To meet call rate targets as determined by the Group Advertising Manager.
* To maintain existing client base by making regular client courtesy calls.
* To create a sales plan enabling the executive to make accurate forecasts from their ‘patch’ of advertising clients.
* To meet and exceed team revenue targets.
* To create and maintain client database with up-to-date information on conversations and booking details.
* To tailor and send out media pack information to clients/agencies.
* To make full use of research data and use IMS runs where applicable to tailor sales pitches.
* To monitor competitor titles for potential advertisers and to call them.
* To liaise with our finance department, where necessary, to ensure clients with debts are not continuing to advertise.
* To input all sales bookings onto the appropriate systems and to be responsible for a system of sales records.
* To liaise with our production department to ensure that all advertisements are correctly positioned and accounted for.
* To keep the Group Advertising Manager informed of business at hand: at advertising meetings to report on business lost and gained and on possible future business.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Excellent interpersonal skills to persuade negotiate and establish good working relationships with colleagues and clients/agencies.
* Excellent communication skills over the telephone.
* Ability to contribute to a team environment.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Basic IT skills.
* Ideally experience of basic administration in an office environment.
* Ideally a basic understanding and interest in wider media issues and a sound understanding of the magazine marketplace.
* Ideally experience in selling in a competitive consumer environment, preferably national or local consumer media
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
* Preferable interest within the subject matter