7 months ago
Haymarket Media Group is Britain’s largest privately-owned media company with a diverse consumer and business-to-business portfolio. Our brands are some of the most recognised and respected in the country and include Autocar, What Hi-Fi, FourFourTwo, Stuff, Classic & Sports Car and WhatCar?
Classified Sales Executive
Classic & Sports Car
- Are you an enthusiastic team player?
- Do you communicate well and have self motivation?
- Do you thrive well on working to targets?
- Interested in historic & classic motor cars?
Who we are?
Classic & Sports Car is the world’s best selling magazine brand for collectors, owners and enthusiasts of classic and historic cars. Classic & Sports Car (C&SC) is one of the leading performers in the Haymarket Consumer Group, and its brand portfolio includes a market leading magazine, a successful website, award winning creative solutions and a relatively new, fast-growing live event.
Our readers are wealthy, AB individuals who live and breathe classic cars and are part of a community that enjoys the lifestyle surrounding ownership of them. Outselling its closest competitor by nearly 25,000 copies per month, Classic & Sports Car remains the market leading title and the marketplace for our advertisers.
Our current advertising revenues are derived through premium car sales specialists, auction houses, events, suppliers and services to the industry.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate, looking for a career in media sales, who is ready to join our market leading classic car brand. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will be responsible for developing our classified advertising revenues in print and online, which is one of the busiest and most referred to sections of the brand.
You will need to win new business as well as maintain established clients. You will take ownership of the section from sales to section planning, reporting and future growth.
The person we are looking for needs to be a team player who is enthusiastic and has the determination to succeed. Having an interest in classic motoring would be an advantage but not essential.
The Workshop section encompasses all motoring related services and products.
Your main focus will be to maintain and expand our Workshop business by maximising the sales revenues in the magazine and website. You will have strong communication and organisation skills as the role demands high-volume selling to existing and new clients. You will also attend the relevant events, and exhibitions where necessary to meet and network with clients.
Classic & Sports Car maintains its brand position in the market through close partnerships with a number of premium events across the world as well as several UK based events and exhibitions including Goodwood Festival of Speed, Silverstone Classic and Goodwood Revival.
The key responsibilities include:
• Strengthening our relationships with the key Workshop advertisers and developing new business
• Implementing the sales plan strategy to re-inform this market of the power of C&SC
• Using your creative flair to design and deliver new and exciting ways to generate revenues from your market
• Attending a number of events and shows pertinent to the classic car market (some take place over weekends)
• Utilising the Salesforce system as a tool and sales record, completing business reports for the section, sales ledgers, flat planning and pagination, liaising with production, publishing and editorial
Apply for this job