7 months ago
Classified Sales Executive
Overall Job Purpose
You will be responsible for generating revenue into the classified section across a broad range of categories. You will need to nurture our existing relationships and develop new ones. You will be expected to generate maximum possible revenue and work to deadline.
Listen below to find out more about the team:
Summary: To play an active role in achieving sales targets, developing new business, growing existing business and increasing market share.
* To maintain and service existing classified advertisers to maximise revenue.
* To canvass new advertisers from a range of sources, including competitive magazines and exhibitions, to increase revenue into the brand.
* To maximise the number of calls and ensure that the optimum percentage of time is spent on the phone to new and existing clients, to maximise selling opportunities
* To achieve or exceed all revenue targets
* To be aware of client’s circumstances, business and market trends, magazine changes and budgets, to remain informed and maintain a high level of professionalism.
* To initiate ideas to help build the section
* To maintain organised correspondence, filing, client records and confirmations
* To attend the weekly meeting and prepare figures for review.
* To ensure the department maintains standard working practices, and all care is taken to protect the company from any third party claims
* To liaise with the production department on ad copy on a regular basis
* To ensure all of your pages are filled to deadline
* Monitoring and analysing competitive media for business leads
* Taking a proactive approach to managing your business
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard. Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Seizes more opportunity than others.
* Drive for results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is consistently one of the top performers. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Informing - Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or company; provides individuals with the information they need to make accurate decisions and is timely with information
* Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people within and outside the company. Builds rapport easily. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
* Team Player - Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help. Doesn’t work in an isolated way. Encourages input from others. Bounces ideas off other people. Works together to create best outcome/result for the team.
* Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Friendly & Sociable - Has a positive outlook, wants to join in and enjoy work. Friendly and upbeat.