about 1 month ago
Job Title: Claims Handler (Motor Claims)
Location: Broadland Business Park, Norwich
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday (Rotation of 1 late per week (11am-7pm/ 12pm-8pm) and some weekends including Saturdays & Sundays. Average of 35 hours p/week.
Salary: Starting salary of £17,000 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
Are you someone who:
• Flourishes with a challenge where no two days are the same.
• Loves to deal directly with customers on the phone in their time of need and help to get them back on road.
• Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo.
• Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demand.
• Is a great teammate.
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you!
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need:
We have exciting opportunities for Claims Handlers to join us in our offices based on Broadland Business Park. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Claims Team, you will have a vital role to play. Here, within our Claims department, every one of our people is a great talker, listener, investigator, letter-writer and decision maker. Our professionals investigate insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment.
Unlike continually taking inbound calls, in this role, you’ll follow up the claim, including taking care of the Third Party, Credit Hire Companies, Third Party Insurers and negotiating settlements as well as taking calls from customers who currently hold motor insurance with Aviva and are looking to make a claim. These are customers who hold both commercial and personal policies and need to get their vehicle back on the road as soon as possible. You'll talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain the right and relevant information to assist you in processing their claim and you will relish getting to the bottom of things. Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim. With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes, ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them.
What we are looking for:
• Excellent communication both written and oral together with questioning skills.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills along with the ability to listen and reason compassionately.
• A natural curiosity to identify improvements with a positive mind set and a can-do approach.
• Ability to deliver superb customer service along with a strong commitment to do the right thing for your customers.
• Someone who is prepared to take on challenges and has exceptional attention to detail.
• NO previous claims or insurance experience is required as full training will be provided.
What you will get for this role:
• Starting salary of £17,000 with pay progression steps in place and the potential to increase to £22,000+
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
• Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through ‘My Aviva Extras’ plus discounts for Friends and Family.
• Excellent flexi-benefits package to include a matching share save scheme.
• Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Please note that there is a free bus service that runs from the city centre directly to the site. Unfortunately, there is no onsite parking available however Aviva has additional offsite parking at the Postwick Park and Ride site together with a bespoke bus service to our offices on the Broadland Business Park.
About Aviva/ Additional Information:
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact: Danielle Stallard on
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.