8 months ago
Customer Service Advisor (Claims Consultant)
Eastleigh (Chandlers Ford) - £17,000 to £22,000 + bonus + benefits
Full time 35 hours per week or Part Time
Start date 14th May 2018
Here at Aviva we provide a variety of insurance products for our customers. Unfortunately life is full of unexpected twists and turns which may lead to our customers making a claim on their policy. When they do, we have a team of friendly, supportive and knowledgeable customer service advisors that assist them during that process to make it as simple and as stress-free as possible. Our Customer Service Advisors (Claim Consultant) are frontline, speaking with policy holders on a daily basis; they are brand ambassadors, customer service experts and are integral and invaluable to Aviva as a business.
What you will be doing
* Answering inbound calls from policy holders (approx. 20 per day) – talking and listening calmly to understand their needs. You will be able to put yourself in their shoes and be able to relate to their situation.
* Asking the customer questions to obtain relevant information that will assist you in processing their insurance claim
* Taking full ownership for your customer to get the right outcome for them on that first call whenever possible.
To be successful in this role we think that you will:
* First and foremost, be a people person! You will love speaking to and engaging with customers on the phone and thrive working as part of a large, friendly team.
* Have had previous experience in a customer service related role. Knowledge of insurance products / financial services would be great, but more importantly you will be willing to learn.
* Always put yourself in your customer’s shoes - Be empathetic towards our customers, understanding and supporting them through a difficult period, making their claim journey easy for them and building their loyalty.
* Be a good fact finder. You will ask the right questions, at the right time to get the customers claim processed in the most effective way, guiding them every step of the way through their claim journey.
* Be meticulous and detail orientated. Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim.
* You will be flexible to work a variety of shift patterns. Our opening Hours are Monday – Friday 8am-8pm and Saturdays 8am-1pm. Full time positions are 35 hours p/w. We can also consider part-time positions providing you can complete an initial 10-12 week training period on full-time hours.Typically, you can expect a week of late shifts once every 7 weeks and a Saturday once every 6 weeks and this is continuously reviewed.
So if you passionately believe in putting the customer first, want to be part of a friendly, supportive and hard-working team then this could be the role for you. Full training with be provided and we will support you on your journey to learn about our customers and the Health Claims business.
Our generous benefits include:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Up to 30% discount on Aviva insurance products, plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Our offices are based in Chandlers Ford with bus services running from outside the office and a park and ride service for drivers
Typically, our Claims Consultants will progress from the starting salary of £17,000 on achieving the initial standard required following training. You will continue to develop in the role, with regular salary reviews as your progress through your development milestones. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying, please contact James Hackney.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.