3 months ago
Claims Business Intelligence Lead
Do you connect the horizontal dots across multiple technologies? Do you love being the core of growing data literacy and changing culture? Are you creatively involved in market data, economics or measurement systems in and out of the office?
We have been crafting 'beyond Business Intelligence' as a core strength putting visual analytics in the hands of our teams to deliver our customer purpose and business strategy.
At Aviva UK Claims we have an exciting opportunity to recruit a skilled Business Intelligence leader to lead the strategy of digital, self-serve and visual analytics.
In this role you will be able to craft and own the Business Intelligence strategy and you will influence the future data landscape. Using future intelligence technology you will inspire our people and drive higher intelligence adoption.
The location for this role is flexible within the UK, but please note you will have to travel to key offices in Norwich, Perth and Bishopbriggs when required.
Here are the core skills we are looking for:
* Computer science degree, mathematics, operations and management or a related field is required.
* Dynamically responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly validated.
* Successful ability to build and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track measures / results.
* Market knowledge of insurance and claims processes would be beneficial.
The technical skills that you will also bring:
* You will need extensive expertise in Business Intelligence.
* A validated understanding of key Business Intelligence trends.
* Fluent in Qlik products including Sense and Nprinting.
* Expertise in data modelling, both logical and physical.
* Extensive experience in multidimensional data modelling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
* Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, financial, actuarial etc.).
* Experience with agile software development would be good however agile training can be provided.
General business skills:
* You will have to demonstrate excellent consultancy skills and partner leadership.
* Identifying and developing new opportunities across claims and wider supporting functions is your essential characteristic we would love to see
* Working knowledge of Systems Thinking method
* Experience in working across internal functions in ambiguous situations.
* Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Experience leading large complex Business Intelligence deployments and driving culture change
* Confirmed ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
* Validated strong leadership skills within the central team and in the business community.
* Validated strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
* Willingness to travel across the UK with potential travel to Italy, France, Poland and Canada is needed.
Do you game online in your spare time and do you have experience of developing tools or strategies for MMO's like Eve Online, WoW etc? We are super passionate about hearing your stories where you have influenced work design in socialised, decentralised and democratised environments.
This role will be ultimately responsible for helping transform Aviva into a business that truly differentiates and competes on outstanding data and market leading Business Intelligence.
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Annual holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We support applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team onor firstname.lastname@example.org
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.