3 months ago
Claims Advisor, Liability Claims Centre of Excellence
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd January
Fixed Term contract for a minimum of 12 months
We are recruiting for a Claims Advisor based in the Liability Claims Centre of Excellence based in Cork. We are looking for an individual with a dynamic approach to the needs of our customers, who can provide the highest level of technical expertise and advice. The role involves taking the first notification of a liability claim, proactive handling of a portfolio of Liability Claims, including Employer’s Liability, Public Liability and Products Liability claims, to achieve targets in respect of settlements and closures whilst controlling the cost of claims.
The purpose of the role is to assist and support our customers when they need us most by investigating their claim and agreeing a fair and speedy settlement within policy and legal liability or defending claims where necessary.
Responsibilities will include
* Taking First Notifications of Liability Claims and register in accordance with guidelines
* Manage your portfolio to meet settlement/closure targets
* You make liability decisions to facilitate early resolution and maximise settlement opportunities
* Ensure files are adequately reserved on time
* You support Aviva’s Fraud Strategy and Targets
* You maintain quality of portfolio and with full compliance of CPC and DPA
* You deliver excellent customer service and carry out file reviews for dedicated risks as required.
* Build positive relationships with colleagues and external partners, in a professional and approachable manner
* Share learning's and feedback with colleagues
* Execute required administrative duties and undertake file reviews, projects, or duties as management may require.
The ideal candidate ought to be CIP qualified or working towards CIP and progressing as required. If qualified/ grandfathered must adhere to Financial Regulator CPD requirements.
* Have the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
* You possess strong communication & negotiation skills
* You work well in a team environment
* You take ownership to deliver excellent customer service
* Capability to provide the best possible outcomes for both the customer and Aviva.
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
This role is within the scope of the Central Bank of Ireland's Minimum Competency Code.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ali Aurakzai in the Resourcing team on / Ali.Aurakzai@Aviva.com
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.