5 months ago
About The Role
Christmas is our busiest time of year at Matalan and as a part-time Sales Assistant you'll play a huge part in delivering an amazing Customer Experience over the festive period.
As a Sales Assistant you’ll be a team player with a real focus on delivering an amazing Customer experience and excellent store standards on a daily basis. You’ll be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and do your best every day to meet targets and make sure that our Customers have the best in store experience possible.
The role of Sales Assistant is a great way to get in to Retail and if you’ve got what it takes, there are lots of opportunities to develop and grow your career with us. We’re proud to say that many of our managers began their careers as Sales Assistants. So if you’re looking to join a hard working and passionate team, (and have some fun along the way!), a Sales Assistant role with Matalan could be for you.
• Greet Customers with a smile and provide them with product information in a friendly and efficient way
• Be aware of any seasonal trends and implement any changes on the sales floor
• Work positively and collaboratively with other team members
• Know our products and advise Customers accordingly
• Ensure in store standards are met and procedures are followed
• Be punctual, professional and well presented
• Ideally you’ll have some experience within a retail environment, although this isn’t essential
• Be able to work flexibly including across weekends and evenings
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Can work well as part of a team
• Effective communication and listening skills
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Your place in our world
Christmas Sales Assistant (Temporary)