6 months ago
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Change Readiness Manager
Closing date: Friday 22nd February
Full Time/ Permanent Position
The role of the Change Readiness Manager is to support the successful delivery of pre-determined strategic change projects and programmes into the organisation, working with the Change Readiness Partners. The Change Readiness Manager will provide support across each change portfolio, in the context of the Change and Transformation Operating Model.
The Change Readiness Manager should be viewed as an expert in change delivery and a pioneer of lean process design. They will primarily be based in one of the AA sites, however there will be a requirement to work flexibly across other sites if needed.
What will I be doing?
* Support successful delivery of change initiatives into the organisation. Successfully deliver change projects and initiatives as defined within the Business Partners Change Readiness portfoliio’s
* Support change readiness activities that form part of the wider change delivery plan (e.g. training, process design, resource and planning, communication).
* Support the end to end change governance process, supporting the resolution of resourcing challenges and ensuring the right change projects are appropriately prioritised.
* Support/lead the definition of change projects.
* Support appropriate project governance structures within projects, including but not exclusively, steering groups and working groups.
* Produce project plans, risk logs, actions plans and manage change delivery against these, feeding into the broader programme / portfolio governance.
* Gain and maintain buy-in of operational staff and management to change projects/improvements identified through communication via workshops, presentations, one-to-ones, as appropriate.
* Understand internal and external best practise, sharing with the business and initiating and delivering change where appropriate.
* Ensure regulatory compliance is part of what we do and in-built to our business processes and all change activities.
* Embrace and role model the AA behaviours and encourage others across the organisation to do so also.
* Support the definition and creation of an appropriate culture within the business improvement function, that is aligned to the wider organisation.
* Follow the change governance processes in place and be a gatekeeper to ensuring all other change initiatives follow this process.
* Ensure all operational business processes are mapped or amended in-line with the business change, and feed in requirements to relevant project leads/work streams e.g. training, systems etc.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience leading small-medium sized projects is critical.
* Understanding of lean process design and lean six sigma concepts.
* Previous experiencing working in a contact centre operation and/or similar.
* Knowledge of products offered across Road and Insurance would be advantageous, although not essential.
* Excellent PowerPoint, Project, Word and Visio skills are also a key requirement of the role. Triaster skills are advantageous.
* Powerful presentation skills are key as are excellent communication and interpersonal skills. With the ability to effectively communicate with anyone at any level in the organisation being critical.
* Ability to design and lead effective workshops is key.
* Unrivalled organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage one’s own workload being absolutely essential.
* Excellent numerical skills and the ability to analyse and interpret complex data and translate into meaningful conclusions are key.
* Ability to work as a team player is critical.
* High motivation and energy are key to ensuring success in this role.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level, or proven business experience as a suitable alternative.
* Lean six sigma (yellow belt as a minimum).
* Prince 2 or similar project management qualification.