10 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Catering team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the facilities function of our business.
You will be supporting the Business Unit Catering Manager / Unit Chef / Managers in the Administration duties of the catering department.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* General administration duties
* Processing invoices and credit notes through approved Saga systems
* Placing catering equipment and stationary orders
* Managing the hospitality software system
* Managing the catering ordering system
* Compiling Delia Reports EPOS
* General processing of Delia EPOS
* Supporting in the auditing of financial procedures
* Supporting in the financial reporting to the Catering Manager
* Ensure that the team are aware of the relevant Saga policies and procedures and follow these accordingly
* Support the General Catering Manager to produce Equality Impact Assessments for the support area
* Ensure that all data is correctly prepared, interpreted and communicated
* Ensure that all performance monitoring and progress reporting procedures lead to actions for continuous improvement
* Support the management of the team budget by ensuring Purchase Orders are prepared and approving spend in line with financial approval limits
* Assist the General Catering Manager with reporting on budget expenditure, demonstrating cost control and the ability to deliver more with less
* Ensure that all invoices are processed/ accrued at the end of each month as well as predicted accruals for the end of the financial year
* Continually develop appropriate financial management and business competences amongst staff
* Clarify and pursue targets and outcomes.
* Communicate the success and contribution of the team to appropriate audiences
* Identify and address areas of weakness while identifying and building on areas of strength
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* To undertake a range of administrative support functions including supporting the catering team leaders as required.
* Provide information to the catering curriculum managers, after consultation with the General Catering Manager, for monitoring purposes
* To check and process documents eg. HACCP policy, financial reporting forms in conjunction with the General Catering Manager, devise processes and procedures for monitoring/forecasting/reporting income, expenditure and staffing costs
* Updating of the till prices after consultation with the General Catering Manager
* Working with the catering team leaders to compile “best buy” products
* To provide a weekly summary report for the General Catering Manager
* To update the hospitality software with new menus and to advise the catering team leaders of any special bookings or requirements
* To work with the commercial team to coordinate external catering requirements in conjunction with the General Catering Manager
* Respond to all customer feedback through various avenues
* Take part in meetings relating to the catering operations
* Strong organisational and time management skills combined with a high level of initiative
* Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on operation and customer services
* Stamina and the ability to work under stress, good at thinking quickly and sorting out problems on the spot and the ability to stay calm in a crisis
* Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including HACCP) and food preparation.
* Ability to effectively prioritise and execute required tasks
* Demonstrable experience of creating, implementing, maintaining a dynamic catering provision and ensure food hygiene, waste management policies, procedures and practices are compliant with UK legislation
* A commitment to working proactively, delivering an excellent level of customer service
Education and Qualifications:
* Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power point and Project
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
* Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
* Attention to detail
* Pro-active and self-motivated
* enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
* Confident, assertive and determined
* Develop excellent networking and working relationships
* Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
* Deals effectively with a strong customer focus
* Flexible with the ability to travel
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.