4 months ago
Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
This role is responsible for managing the Cash team, providing back office finance support to around 1,150 stores and ensuring that the banking and sales transactions (in excess of £1.25 bn per annum) within all Superdrug and Savers stores are accounted for and reported correctly. In addition, contributing to the Cash daily and month end processes.
This role will be required to work with closely with other functions (i.e. Store Operations, Internal Audit, Security and IT primarily) to ensure continual development and retention of good store procedures and processes relating to the business’s finance requirements.
The Cash Manager will have first level responsibility for key cash flow contracts in terms of ensuring day to day requirements and billing are in line with the agreement and raising any performance issues or incorrect billing directly. They will provide support to the Cash and Credit Manager when undertaking regular meetings with service providers.
Co-ordinate and manage all operational activities for the Cash team to ensure:
• all bank accounts are reconciled daily and using the defined reconciliation tool. All reconciling items are cleared within agreed timeframes, including resolution of stores back office and banking discrepancies.
• to manage field team’s queries as appropriate.
• all outgoing electronic payments are approved and transmitted in line with payment guidelines.
• the full value of all card transactions is received and correctly recorded.
• all banking related charges and invoices are approved and verified.
• all store cash collections/change deliveries are booked, undertaken and any missed collections are followed up with the Store or Provider.
• Work with Internal Audit and Security by providing regular agreed data analysis.
• Ensure cash is optimised through accurate cash forecasting and placing excess funds on deposit where required.
To manage and develop the Cash team, supporting their active involvement in the development of all activities and services provided to stores.
Manage the operational relationship with banks, security carriers and other external process or service companies relevant to cash management, with support from the Cash and Credit Manager.
Manage the cost centre for Stores Finance.
To actively work with Store Operations and IT on new store processes and systems development and the establishment of associated procedures and controls for stores and banking activities.
Escalate issues regarding stock/cash/other tender type losses as appropriate and provide field teams (store operations/security/internal audit) with information to conduct investigations as appropriate.
Be instrumental in developing procedures and controls for reducing stock/cash losses. This will involve project-based work with retail operations, security, audit and buying as appropriate.
To work with Area and Store Managers to help investigate and address issues.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Ability to build strong relationships, influence and communicate cross functionally at most levels, demonstrating leadership.
• Ability to understand the “big picture” as well as having an eye for detail.
• Personality traits of credibility, integrity, initiative, determination, and results-orientated.
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions to issues
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Knowledge and experience in finance processes undertaken by centralised finance functions/ Shared Service Centres in multi-site retail businesses.
• Experience in successfully managing and developing a small team of part and unqualified finance personnel is essential.
• Experience with large ERP systems highly advantageous.
• Degree qualified/part qualified or equivalent level.
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.