7 months ago
We are currently recruiting for Claims Case Managers within our Group Income Protection Claims Team based in Eastleigh.
Working hours: 8:30 – 16:00 / 9:30 – 17:00, Monday – Friday
Your purpose will be to support our corporate customers with their absent employee’s. In doing this you will liaise with both the corporate company and their employee. The support you provide may be pre-absence, during absence, during return to work, or throughout longer term or permanent absences and may take the guise of telephony support, arranging treatment, assessing a claim for benefit or all of the above.
Many of the absences you manage will be complex, sensitive and require high levels of empathy; the nature of our work means that you are often supporting individuals that are undergoing treatment, financial difficulties and sometimes life-changing circumstances. You will need excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to communicate decisions in a clear and compassionate manner, whilst also recognising the terms of the contract. In return, we frequently receive rewarding feedback from our customers…
“I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help regarding my situation. Out of everyone I’ve tried speaking to about it all, you are the only person who has actually listened and done what they can to help. At this stage in my life, things are pretty difficult anyway without all of this pay confusion on top of it all. So I just wanted to let you know that your help and understanding means more than you could know”. – A compliment received from a customer in 2016.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will manage your own portfolio of claims, providing support and continuity of care for both Employer and Employees. You will be expected to collaborate with a team of peers to ensure the best outcomes for the customer using a multidisciplinary approach; including rehabilitation, motivational interviewing, case management, claims assessment and relationship management.
Training will be fully supported within an experienced team on both a 1:1 basis and through peer coaching. Learning is continuous and a range of developmental courses are provided both in house and externally.
You will be responsible for managing and developing relationships with our corporate customers, brokers/IFAs, third parties, suppliers and other areas of the business; with the potential of face to face visits. you will also manage a portfolio of new and review cases; providing a full rehab and claims support where appropriate; pulling on expert support where required.
In addition you will also be responsible for:
- Confidently discuss complex and sensitive medical information in depth with customers at an early stage
- Request and interpret medical, financial and occupational information, as necessary to provide the right support at the right time
- Provide an exceptional standard of customer service, both written and via the telephone
- Demonstrate ongoing insight into relevant industry and Aviva developments, supporting any changes to process, practice or philosophy
- We are looking for adaptable and enthusiastic individuals who are capable of drawing the kind of customer satisfaction we can be proud of.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent
- Polish speaker advantageous
- Experience of working within the insurance sector is desirable, although not essential
- Able to successfully managing relationships with customers or suppliers
- Excellent telephony capability
- An understanding of how health, social and economical issues might influence an individuals response to illness and the course of their recovery
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills; confidently able to explain reasoning behind decisions and negotiate with customers
- Ability to analyse evidence and take appropriate action
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Good planning, negotiation and organisational/time management skills
- Adaptability, resilience and desire for continuous personal development in an environment of healthy and appropriate challenge
What you will get:
The starting salary for the role is £19,000 to £26,000 dependent on experience.
- You will also be entitled to our pay progression model, which means you get rewarded for your hard work. As well as this our generous benefits include:
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Performance related bonus
- Excellent flexi-benefits package. Up to 30% discount on Aviva insurance products, plus discounts for Friends and Family.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.Claims Consultant | Eastleigh