5 months ago
Buyers Admin Assistant
Job Number: 20337
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate, who is passionate on developing into a career within buying!
Do you enjoy the art of negotiation? Do have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about technology and Retail?
The Buyers Admin Assistant will support the Small Kitchen Appliances category manager to bring the most compelling range and great value products to our customers. We work with top brands including Kitchenaid, Delonghi, Tefal and Smeg to bring the latest food technology and trends to our customers kitchens.
The role will involve supporting the category manager in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity and a strong understanding of our colleagues and customers to deliver a compelling offer.
This market continues to change shape at pace, so the role will offer the candidate an opportunity to demonstrate speed of thought and dynamism in addressing the ever moving needs of our customers.
• Compile previous range analysis of market, customer, competitor and financial performance to generate strategy.
• Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
• Work with the Merchandising team to develop and deliver a comprehensive Merchandise area strategy that meets our customer needs and identifies opportunities and risks.
• Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information and present competitor packs highlighting key issues with conclusions and recommended actions.
• Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner what stock is required to support these plans.
You will need:
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
* Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.