3 months ago
Buyer - Mobile Accessories
Job Number: 12407
Location: Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
The Category Manager/Buyer for Protection, Memory & In-Car carries responsibility for the commercial performance of their category through the delivery of market leading ranging, pricing and product selection. These categories offer significant growth potential for CPW and this role will help set the strategy and drive the growth agenda that will realise the potential. You will be responsible for building and executing a 3 year growth plan to ensure CPW remains a destination for these categories and continues to grow market share.
The Category Manager sets the direction for the business - aligning across multiple functions including Commercial Marketing, Buying, Supply Chain, Finance, Retail, Online, OLS and Direct.
You will be expected to lead commercial discussions through the Commercial Team and beyond as well as building relationships with new suppliers.
* Define and brief the category strategy across all channels. Gain internal buy in and support to drive a growth agenda for new categories that are not currently part of the Carphone DNA.
* Build a long term (3+ years) strategy to continue to strengthen our position within these key categories, identifying the right suppliers to work with and considering the trading strategy for each channel
* Be accountable for category performance including a deep understanding of market share for key sub-categories & emerging product areas
* Deliver commercial KPIs – including volume, margin, market share & stock turn metrics
* Support the development the annual and quarterly trading plan for the category as part of the business planning processes.
* Identify and on-board new relevant suppliers and own the end-to-end supplier relationship. Where there is an existing supplier relationship (cellular or Accessories), work in conjunction with the relevant buying teams to manage the supplier relationship.
* Build the category pricing & promotion plan that drives the category sales and margin to achieve target and maintains our competitiveness
* Prioritise the most appropriate propositions to promote in each channel using relevant channel insight while delivering a consistent overall experience across all customer touchpoints
* Work with the relevant channel trading teams to understand key performance metrics and share weekly priorities
* Drive the weekly nominations preparation process, ensuring alignment with the category priorities, and briefing Marketing in the nominations meeting
* Liaise with Marketing to ensure delivery of the nominated campaigns through all channels
You will need:
* Experience in a fast paced retail industry (ideally telecoms or electricals)
* Product or channel marketing process experience
* Ambitious self-starter with proven track record in delivering strong commercial results
* Good buying, negotiation and influencing skills
* Strong communication and relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong analytical and numerical skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.