6 months ago
Buyer - JewelleryMaker
Overall Job Purpose
JewelleryMaker, the UK’s only eCommerce and TV channel dedicated to jewellery making, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our team. JewelleryMaker is based in Redditch and has grown from a team of 80 to 140 passionate staff over the last 2 years and we now have a Buying Team of 4 working hard to bring our customers the very best products.
Founded in 2010, we offer our engaged jewellery makers the chance to use genuine gemstones and precious metals in their creations and receive first class inspiration for a range of jewellery making mediums. We now broadcast live for 14 hours per day, 365 days per year on Sky, Virgin, Freesat and Freeview and live stream online.
Reporting directly to the Head of Buying, you will be responsible for delivering the category plan, including achieving sales and profitability targets. You’ll work closely with the Merchandising Team to deliver stock £ budgets and manage the range. Focussing on Sterling Silver and Pearls, you’ll develop and maintain strategic relationships with our existing suppliers and develop new suppliers to help drive the growth of the business. The strong relationships will help you minimise returns and solve QC concerns should they arise.
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong negotiation skills and a strong history of buying. You’ll develop supplier relationships in the Far East, whilst managing a large number of SKU’s in an extremely fast paced environment. You’ll have strong organisation skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and focus on key issues whilst working to exacting deadlines.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, apply now.
* Support the overall business strategy, working across functions to deliver the business plan
* Creation and maintenance of strategic category plans to meet short & medium term business objectives gaining approval from line manager
* Source and purchase merchandise to meet customer needs in terms of choice, price and innovation
* Review historical data, trends and previous strategies to ascertain lessons learnt for future seasons
* Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and ever changing customer requirements for all products within the category
* Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships
* Develop a sourcing strategy for given category to contribute the overall business plan
* Ensure new product development plan is in place to deliver customer and business requirements
* Work with the supply base and warehouse team to minimise returns and solve QC problems should they arise
* Work with the Merchandising team to deliver stock £ budgets and manage the range taking into account existing stock levels
* Negotiate with suppliers to deliver joint business plans and to deliver intake margin growth to the business
* Manage the critical date path with internal teams and the supply base to ensure on time delivery of products into the business
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* A knowledge of the Sterling Silver & Pearl markets would be beneficial
* Able to work in a fast paced environment
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage buying responsibility for a large number of sku’s
* Develop strategic supplier relationships
* Undertake visits as and when required i.e., Trade shows & supplier visits
* Experience within a similar buying position
* Ability to Plan, prioritise and focus on key issues
* Self-starter and able to work to exacting deadlines
* Strong Negotiation Skills