4 months ago
Buyer - Health & Beauty
Worksop - Temporary - Full Time - 39
Here at wilko our Buying team are looking for a Buyer - Health & Beauty to join them based at our Head office in Worksop on a 1 year contract.
At wilko we exist to free up hard working families to be the best they can be, and we’ve recently launched a bold and ambitious new business strategy to see us face into and thrive within the challenging and continually changing retail industry. As a family-run business we have a unique culture and a refreshingly different way of working.
As our Buyer you’ll be passionate about product, influencing and implementing the product range plans for Health & Beauty through the category strategy. You’ll lead and build strong supplier and internal stakeholder relationships to maximise sales and profit, minimise end to end costs and optimise H&B performance across all product lines.
Here are just some of the things you’ll be involved in
* Accountable for the H&B category by leading and implementing the range strategy, owning the product briefs and the product selection.
* Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the H&B range strategy, creating product briefs using insight and analytics driving fact-based decision making and constantly looking for new opportunities to support business product transformation goals.
* Manage supplier relationships and delivery of agreed KPI’s for sales, buying intake and gross margin including identification of growth opportunities and execution of business plans.
* Delivery of the range assortment and range reviews together with the sales budgets.
* Negotiate supplier terms and roll back of terms into margin by ensuring completion of daily, weekly, monthly rebates reducing costs associated and improving cash flow for the business.
* Identify and manage the end to end regional sourcing activities within areas of responsibility, delivering supply chain efficiencies, supplier optimisation and global sourcing, working in collaboration with key stakeholders where necessary.
* Support the delivery of major cross functional department change projects, liaising with key stakeholders including senior management across the business, whilst effectively supporting your team to ensure that that these are delivered on time, on cost and to the required standard.
What we need from you
We need someone who is currently performing at a Buyer level in the H&B category, has exceptional numerical and excel skills whilst being a highly skilled negotiator. We need this along with
* Understanding of commercial acumen with a proven track record of delivering results and financial targets
* Good understanding of range planning and maximising the return on space and performance of SKUs.
* Be able to analyse and evaluate data and information and use this to take appropriate action.
* Planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
* Assertive and confident and able to quickly build a high level of personal and professional credibility within the business, demonstrating strong commercial and financial acumen.
* Work effectively in collaboration cross-functionally to achieve shared goals and deliver business objectives
At wilko our team members are at the heart of everything we do, and we want to reward them for their hard work, not only through our competitive salaries but also through the benefits that we offer. With this role you’ll get:
33 days holiday entitlement (inc Bank Holidays)
Team member and family discount of 20% in store and online
Wilko family holiday homes
Wilko WOW flexible benefits – such as great discounts on shopping, days out, holidays, health and fitness and money-saving schemes to cut the costs of childcare