5 months ago
Head Office, Wokingham
The Leaders Romans Group boast an unrivalled passion and expertise for working in the property market. Our continued success means we have substantial plans to expand and we are looking for a Buyer to join our Procurement team looking after their key supplier base, who will embrace the Group ethos and further enhance the professional, high-quality and personal service we provide.
We were recently recognised as one of the Best Companies in the UK to ...work for because we have created a workplace that’s engaging and uplifting, whilst also offering our employees all the support they need to do a great job and progress.
The role of the buyer will be to monitor and ensure cost effective procurement across indirect services from new/current suppliers whilst providing support to the whole business. The buyer will also be responsible for supplier liaison and developing relationships with the aim of reducing costs and addressing arising issues.
Scope of Role
• Contribute to the development of centralised, strategic sourcing and category management plans
• Maintain and update current supplier base.
• Liaise with other departments, exchanging information and giving purchasing support to their functions.
• Review and identify possible improvements in any aspect of supplier or purchasing function, including cost reduction initiatives, whilst maintaining quality.
• Coordinate contractual and new supplier negotiations
• Check, process and administer incoming purchase requests
Skills and Experience
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Excellent negotiating and networking skills
• Good judgement and analytical ability
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good commercial sense
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
• Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance.