6 months ago
Posted: Mar 20, 2019
Weekly Hours: 35
Role Number: 200042716
The people who work at Apple have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. We are deeply passionate about apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books. It’s a force that drives and inspires every one of us every single day. The passion for innovation that goes into our products applies to our practices as well, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
Do you share this passion? If so, we are seeking an exceptional and highly driven team player to join our Business Strategy & Planning team to cover the UK & Ireland, Russia and META (Middle East, Turkey & Africa) markets. The Business Strategy & Planning team is part of Apple’s International services team, which covers the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, Apple Books and iCloud businesses, across all international markets.
As the Business Strategy & Planning lead covering UK & Ireland, Russia and META, you will support our services business leaders to make decisions that drive business growth and performance. The breadth of the role is varied and covers business planning & strategy, commercial initiatives, business performance reviews, strategic partner engagement, and market & competitive insights. The role offers the opportunity to work on both tactical actions that drive our near-term business performance, and strategic initiatives that will define our future. An open mind, intellectual curiosity, analytical mindset, and an eagerness to problem-solve are crucial. The role is based in London and reports to the Senior Business Strategy & Planning Manager for EMEA, Canada and Latin America.
Your role will be critical as Apple seeks to deliver on its ambitious growth objectives for Services.
* You will possess a strong business and analysis background, preferably from a top consultancy related to telecom, media and technology, and/or in-house in a strategy or business planning role at a leading related company.
* You should have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights, and the ability to define and influence new strategies based on these insights.
* You will have a deep understanding of the digital and mobile media and entertainment landscape and Apple’s role within it.
* You should have the ability to solve complex, cross-functional business problems while dealing with challenging deadlines and opposing priorities.
* You will be flexible and adaptable to manage the varying demands of a fast moving business.
* You should have strong quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in spreadsheet applications.
* You will have exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* You embrace having a hands-on attitude and always pay attention to the finest of detail.
Business strategy and planning: Partner with regional leadership teams in defining ambition levels, setting priorities and shaping business plans, and provide recommendations on how to grow each region’s portfolio of services.
Strategic & commercial initiatives: Identify, analyse and prioritise business opportunities and initiatives including but not limited to new products, new features, new business models and new pricing.
Business performance reviews & reporting: Take a data-led approach to understanding the performance and underlying drivers of Apple’s services businesses, and lead business reporting on the geographies covered to senior leadership.
Strategic partner engagement: Lead business reviews and support negotiations with key partners
Market & competitive insights: Support regional leadership teams on understanding market trends and the local competitive landscape and dynamics.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
University degree, MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus.
Several years of relevant experience in consultancy or strategy roles with a TMT focus.
A thorough understanding of the digital content space, entertainment industry structures and business models including subscriptions
A proven successful project management track record.