2 months ago
Business Relationship Manager – Newbury
Business Relationship Manager – Newbury
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Business Relationship Manager to join our team in Newbury. As a Business Relationship Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of supporting your local business customers, ensuring a seamless customer journey from the moment they first meet us and ongoing through their relationships. Your responsibilities will include facilitating the opening of new products, making sure excellent customer service is provided and finding innovative solutions that fuel their ambition.
We're proud to have been awarded for the third consecutive year Business Bank of the Year (Moneyfacts, and Most Trusted Bank for Small Businesses (Moneywise, 2016). Santander Business support small to medium sized start-up and established businesses with straightforward banking needs and up to two directors, owners (shareholders) or partners. We offer current accounts, savings accounts, card acceptance services, insurance and loans of up to £25,000. Our passion, pioneering spirit and dedication will give us what we need to continue to build on our foundations to become the best bank for UK SMEs.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Relationship Manager your main responsibilities will be to:
* Support becoming the Small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) bank of choice by deepening customer relationships through positive engagement and delivery
* Originating new customer relationships and contribute towards the bank’s objectives of increasing primacy and customer loyalty
* Preparing for, participating in and contributing to reviews and development sessions with your line manager and regularly update/review your PEP
* Taking ownership and participating in all learning and up-skilling associated with development within the role
* Raising the profile of the Santander brand , support and host local community events i.e. Breakthrough in Branch
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Ability to make decisions independently
* Excellent relationship management skills – proven experience within a customer centric role would be highly beneficial
* A clear understanding of retail banking products
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Proven business and product knowledge
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
This role is based in Newbury.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.