2 months ago
Business Relationship Director – Cambridge
Business Relationship Director – Cambridge
East of England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity as a Business Relationship Director within Santander Business, based in Cambridge.
Your role will involve helping businesses in your local markets to prosper. You will have wide ranging conversations with both existing customers and prospects of Santander, with a turnover of up to £6.5m, and equivalent entities. Through those conversations you will identify ways that you can support them on their journey, providing excellent customer service and helping to build Santander Business' presence in your local market.
Our aim within Santander Business is to help people and businesses prosper with the help of our colleagues, products and Breakthrough proposition. We're proud to have been awarded for the third consecutive year Business Bank of the Year (Moneyfacts, and Most Trusted Bank for Small Businesses (Moneywise, 2016). Our passion, pioneering spirit and dedication will give us what we need to continue to build on our foundations to become the best bank for UK SMEs.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Relationship Director your main responsibilities will be
* Support in becoming the Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) bank of choice by deepening customer relationships through positive engagement and delivery.
* Originating new customer relationships and contribute towards the bank’s objectives of increasing primacy and customer loyalty.
* Raising the profile of the Santander brand within the local community and via the Breakthrough programme.
* Creating a local business development plan in conjunction with the Business Development and Breakthrough Managers.
* Achieving high quality credit applications and uphold a high standard of data quality for application and account submissions.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven business and product knowledge.
* Excellent Relationship Management skills – proven experience within a customer centric role would be highly beneficial.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to influence at all levels.
* Proven experience in Business Development.
* Track record of high quality lending credit applications.
* Excellent organisational and planning skills.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
This role is based in Cambridge
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.