7 months ago
Business Partnering and Commercial Finance Manager (112207)
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : £32,000 - £65,000
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both Fixed and Mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide MVNO or MVNO phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
What you'll be doing
• Single point of contact for Channel/Account Director for all financial support
• Preparation and reporting of financial and volume forecast, actuals, rolling forecast
• Commercial contract management
• Ability to understand trading performance and communicate its impact on financial performance and the payplan and identify and drive opportunities to mitigate shortfalls and leverage opportunities
• Subject matter expert for wider group requirements – regulatory, strategy, etc
• Understand the commercial risks within a complex bid, and ensure the necessary mitigations in place
• Play a role in negotiation where necessary
• Ensure the in-life P&L is aligned to the bid P&L, and optimised throughout the life
• To ensure financial control of the contracts in the respective area
• Provide financial analysis, insight and recommendations to support resolution of commercial disputes
• To provide support and insight on customer profitability, ROI / Offers / Discounts
• To provide P&L and BS control, bad debt / CF billing
• Influence strategic direction and support execution
• Drive Cost Transformation agenda and following through to P&L
• Lead interface for 3rd party costs/ RA where it is customer specific
• Debt collection and resolution of customer specific billing issues
• To provide FP&A to the business
• To ensure adherence to SG&A controls for TLC/TLR
• Financial support for and modelling of payplan / commissions
• To provide financial support on Sales enablement cases
• To provide channel insight for ARPU/discounting pricing
• Lead, support external engagement, e.g. with customer Finance leads
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Accounting: Leverages knowledge from multiple functional areas and anticipates impact of future requirements.
• Understands and consistently applies an advanced knowledge and understanding of company financial statements, accounting principles.
• Financial Analysis: Oversees and reviews the financial and operational analysis for the business.
• Provides in-depth commentary that reflects understanding of wider operating environment
• Forecasting, Planning and Budgeting: Oversees and reviews forecast/budget at detailed level, demonstrating an understanding of their inter-relationship.
• Provides detailed feedback and insight to the business on its financial performance.
• Significant Senior Stakeholder experience and working within highly matrixed environments. Experience of working with Commercial teams to deliver the unit financials
• Ability to interpret financials into meaningful insight, to inform decision making.
• Be willing to voice an opinion and look at the “art of the possible” Must be able to create a clear vision, delivering against key metrics
• Demonstrates an extremely high level of analytical capability
• Understands the Telecoms industry with good product knowledge.