3 months ago
Business Manager (101073)
: Business Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Gloucestershire-Cheltenham, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich
Salary : Competitive
: Dec 26, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Why this role matters
With customers in 180 countries, we're a leading global business communications provider. We have 17,000 people serving multinational companies, proving the services they need to create the digital transformation of their businesses.
Thanks to our portfolio strategy, the Cloud of Clouds, we provide high-performance, integrated and secure network and IT infrastructure services to global customers. It means our customers can connect easily and securely to the applications and data they need, wherever they are in the world. Our Digital GS strategy we are moving to will help create a better future for GS and our people. With a business focused around a global customer base and a portfolio of scalable repeatable solutions, supported by outstanding customer service and market-leading security.
To deliver it we need to focus where we can be brilliant, be more straightforward to do business with and meet customer needs with greater agility. This will help us to become a more profitable, predictable and customer-focused business.
This role is part of the GES commercial team, the holder is responsible and accountable for the financial performance, service delivery and developing long term strategic growth on large, strategically important and/or complex outsourced/IT contracts, or group of contracts.
What you'll be doing
* Delivering contract P&L including driving and supporting the sales pipeline and channels
* Implementing portfolio and commercial strategy
* Transformation of contracts through cost efficiencies
* Operating framework contract management reviews for your customers
* Developing commercial propositions for bids and investments for complex opportunities, in conjunction with bid teams, product owners meeting legal and regulatory obligations
* Co-ordinating and/or evaluate opportunities supporting Deal Architects, Design Architects, bid teams and Contract Managers.
* Undertake risk analysis activities as agreed and directed, ensuring that risk transferred to BT is identified so that the client for that activity is fully cognisant of such
* Support commercial change activities within the organisation, and implement any changes to the trading model.
* Undertake tasks in support of commercial due diligence, contract novation and transition functions.
* The contract manager would be responsible and accountable for the P&L with significant management controls for setting both financial and functional targets and the associated control of budgets
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Business & commercial experience including detailed understanding of P&L management.
* A strong leader with exceptional customer relationship skills, able to quickly build and maintain relationships at the most senior levels both externally and leading vertical teams internally
* Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
* Exemplary skills in P&L analytics techniques, with the ability to translate this into plans and communicate to senior managers
* Business acumen: Knowledgeable in commercial contract performance, including financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases etc)
Requirement of the role
* Security Clearance: Capable: of obtaining security clearance and maintaining it