9 months ago
Business Implementation Manager
Home Based Other
Purpose of the Role
The Business Implementation Managers (BIMs) are part of the AVIVA Sales Team and lead and manage the implementation of new business sales and specific New Business partnership projects in order to maximise business potential and create long-term, profitable partnerships for the UK Corporate Business. This will involve dealing directly with Customers (Employers and Trustees) and Advisers including Consulting Actuaries, specialist Employee Benefit Consultants, and Third Party administrators. The role also supports the delivery of Workplace growth activities such as acquisitions and DB closures, as well as retention projects including reconstructions.
As part of the Workplace Distribution team, the BIMs are also called on to present at pitches for potential new clients where we sell in the benefits of our implementation approach and our expertise in this area.
The BIM role offers great variety and challenge and the chance to join a very highly regarding team of implementation experts. This is a nationally based team who are expected to meet with clients and advisers so the ability to travel is a key requirement.
Leading a team is central to our success and each BIM is supported by a Business Implementation Consultant (BIC) who will own specific strands of the implementation and provide desk-based implementation support
Workplace Distribution is a fast paced and dynamic environment and this role offers the chance to be part of a successful team, engage with different people across the team and the wider business, and work with a variety of clients and advisers in order to deliver quality scheme implementations.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead the implementation of new Workplace Benefits Plans, with a focus on Group Pensions and Savings onto AVIVA's Corporate Benefits Platform (MyMoney), working with the relevant salesperson to identify, understand and then meet each client’s requirements.
* Lead project management activity to support the delivery of workplace growth activities such as acquisitions and DB closures, as well as retention projects including reconstructions on our key existing clients.
* Proactively facilitate and manage project meetings with employers and/or trustees, relevant third-parties, intermediaries and Aviva stakeholders using strong negotiation and influencing skills to manage risk, ensure timescales/quality expectations are met and working to maximise the financial opportunity while successfully implementing the business.Own all aspects of the implementation of new business at a high level including monitoring and managing risk, budget, service levels, customer satisfaction and both internal and external relationships. Oversee delivery of employer system training and support to HR/Payroll/Trustees in the setup of the plan and related deliverables.
* Work proactively with the wider Corporate business (i.e. Sales, , Operations, Marketing, IT, Risk and Legal) to find solutions to meet client needs and to develop web, literature and administration requirements, culminating in the accurate and timely handover of the scheme to business as usual.
* Represent the implementation team at beauty parades and site visits, contributing to the winning of new business and retention of existing cases by demonstrating implementation capability appropriate for the client.
* Maintain knowledge of the wider DC and Workplace Benefits markets and of Aviva’s various corporate propositions and key processes to assist Aviva maintain and enhance our market position.
* Support the development of the Business Implementation Consultants.
* Develop and evolve the implementation proposition as a key part of our service proposition in order to ensure that we continue to deliver a market-leading installation experience for our clients.
* Understand and deliver our Aviva values.
Skills & Experience desired
* Prince 2 Practitioner preferred.*or equivalent PMI examinations.
* Certificate in Financial Planning or Diploma in Financial Planning
* Up to date knowledge of the Workplace Benefits market especially legislative, compensation and benefits trends, technology and the investment market for both DC Trust and Contract based arrangements.
* Proven track record of supporting Employer and/or Trusteesthrough a variety of Group Pension Scheme change activity e.g. Change in provider, mergers and acquisitions and portfolio restructures etc.Substantial experience of internal and external relationship management.
* First rate presentation skills.
* Proven track record of leading and managing large scale projects with various internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of delivery against targets and to challenging deadlines.
* Financial services professional with proven project management experience within the Financial Services industry.
* Excellent communication, facilitation and organisation skills with the ability to present complex information in a way that is appropriate to the audience.
* Ability to develop professional relationships with internal and external customers.
* Ability to operate at both a strategic and practitioner level with key clients and distributors.
* Self-starter with high level of personal organisation, attention to detail, assertiveness, tenacity and integrity, able to work off their own initiative and identify requirements.
* Gravitas and business acumen to be taken seriously within internal and external networks.
* Strong organisational skills, experienced in delivering large-scale changes against challenging timescales in a multi-stakeholder and complex environment.
* Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills.
* An ability to not only solve but spot problems before they arise.Display strong team working ethic, sharing ideas and best practice.
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of £38,000 - £48,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ali Aurakzai in the Resourcing team on Ali.Aurakzai@Aviva.com
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.