6 months ago
Reports to: Head of Partnerships and Innovation
Based in Partnerships and Innovation in Ty Admiral Head Office in Cardiff, the Business Finance Manager will provide financial and operational support across P&I’s projects and live products. Due to the fluid nature of the team, the role requires flexibility, as the work can vary significantly in its nature and scale but provides a great opportunity to be involved in shaping a wide range of partnerships from initial conversations through to shaping a proposition and finally supporting and developing in live.
Role Responsibilities will include:
* Developing a good understanding of the different partnerships that we are either working with or targeting and building a strong working relationship with P&I project team in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural analysis for a variety of projects
* Leading on all financial aspects of a project during development phase:
* Helping us size the opportunity and develop a proposition to present to the partner
* Creating a commercial proposal with a full view of short and long term P&L for the partnership
* Attending meetings with Senior Managers both internal and external to discuss commercial proposals
* Development of complex spreadsheet models to aid with business decision-making and assessment of new partnerships, monitoring performance of existing partnerships
* Pro-active monitoring of performance vs. budget / re-forecasts and summarising variances for live partnerships and reporting back to relevant senior stakeholders
* Developing new MI for live products to maximise relevance and usefulness to the P&I managers
* Liaising with Admiral’s core finance department to ensure alignment with the business
* Providing general support and completing ad-hoc tasks as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Qualified accountant with strong academic background and strong numeracy and analytical skills
* Commercially minded
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior management
* Self-motivator, pro-active in all aspects of the role
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential, since this role requires the extensive use of spreadsheets
* Desire to get involved in new innovative projects within the business and add value through a sound understanding of the financial implications of different strategies
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Linzi Burnell. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an or give her a call on the Recruitment line.