9 months ago
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Genomics industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services as the leader in the industry? The Genomics industry is accelerating the development of novel diagnostics and treatments, and is the cornerstone of personalised medicine. AWS is looking for a UK based Business Development Manager who understands business and technical trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud architecture patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing, storage optimization and partner based solutions etc.
The ideal candidate will have both a business and a consulting background, with experience working with Genomics customers, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of technology. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership and drive is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the UKI Healthcare team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Genomics industry.
· Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess several years of business development or program/product management experience in or selling to the Genomics industry.
· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics or other relevant topic.
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, IoT, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
· Education- an MBA is desired; Bioinformatics or similar.
· Also technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired.